TABLE MOUNTAIN TRAILERS Saturday 07 September 2019: East Fort, Hout Bay

Samantha Brinkmann

Sep 2, 2019, 4:19:19 AM9/2/19
to Table Mountain Trailers Group

Good Morning Trailers

This Saturday we head to the Republic of Hout Bay for a mix of trail and road.

Route details

Meet at the parking by Vida e Caffe at the bottom of Chappies.

Inline image

We warm up with a trot up the road to the start of the trail at East Fort. From the shortcut trail we join the jeep track until we get the split to the higher contour path where we may split into groups, those who don't like heights or don't want the steeper climb can continue along the jeep track.  We all end up at Blackburn Ravine and follow the contour path towards Chapmans Peak.  Along the single track we are treated to magnificent views (weather permitting) across the bay.
At approximately 7km we can decide whether to summit Chapmans Peak or head down to Chapmans Peak drive, popping out by the "ticket checker".  From here we have a leg stretch on the tar(approx 4km) back to our cars.

Please remember this a pack run led by committee, and its important that we look out for each other.

Rendezvous and Start Time

RV in the parking area 06:55 ready to start at 07:00.

Terrain and Distance

A mix of jeep track, single track and tar.

Distance: +- 12 kms taking about 2h00 - 2h30mins for Medium Group (longer if we go up Chapmans Peak)

Fast Group
Will follow a similar route with a possible extension to be decided on the day.

Relaxed Group to be confirmed.

*Please note adjustments to the route may be made whilst running depending on the group and weather conditions.

Please bring:

A whistle, WATER (remember a trail 12km can take longer than a road 12km), a warm & waterproof/windproof top, space blanket and ICE (In case of Emergency) tag or card.

Unfortunately no dogs are allowed on our runs.

Have a great week!

Regards

Samantha
0723144341

East Fort Hout Bay trail route.pdf

Samantha Brinkmann

Sep 6, 2019, 2:15:23 AM9/6/19
to Table Mountain Trailers Group
Happy Friday Trailers!

It's another glorious day in the mother city, and with all that is going on hopefully you took a moment to appreciate the sunrise.

Tomorrows run is ON

Relaxed group is confirmed

RV in the Vida e Caffe parking area 06:55 for sign in, ready to start at 07:00.

It is going to be a hot one tomorrow so please remember your water and sunscreen.

Stick around for a hot or cold drink after :-)

Have a wonderful day!

Samantha
0723144341

East Fort Hout Bay trail route.pdf

Samantha Brinkmann

Oct 14, 2019, 3:40:06 AM10/14/19
to Table Mountain Trailers Group
Good Morning Trailers

This Saturday we meet at Constantia Neck to explore the Vlakkenberg.

Route details

Meet at the Constantia Neck parking.

Heading a short distance down the tar road towards Hout Bay you will see a green gate on the left signposted for Vlakkenberg, once through we start with an up (surprise!). Over the neck we take a sho't left from the trail to admire the vistas across the Constantia vineyards and False Bay. Returning back to the trail we continue our undulation (running passed Bokkemanskloof) until we get to tar road leading to the Constantia mast.
A little way up the tar there's a contour path to the right which will lead us to another stunning viewpoint, this time across Hout Bay. We then retrace our steps back to Bokkemanskloof where we turn down (yay!), continuing to join the gravel road on the right with a leg stretch back to Constantia Neck.

Please remember this a pack run led by committee, and its important that we look out for each other.

Rendezvous and Start Time

RV in the parking area 06:25 ready to start at 06:30.

Terrain and Distance

Mostly single track, short bit of tar, and a gravel road finish.
Distance: +- 10 kms taking about 2h30 to 3h00 for Medium Group

Fast Group
Will follow a similar route with a possible extension to be decided on the day.

Relaxed Group to be confirmed on Friday.

*Please note adjustments to the route may be made whilst running depending on the group and weather conditions.

Please bring:

A whistle, WATER (remember a trail 10km can take longer than a road 10km), a warm & waterproof/windproof top, space blanket and ICE (In case of Emergency) tag or card.
1571038399532blob.jpg

Samantha Brinkmann

Oct 18, 2019, 5:49:21 AM10/18/19
to Table Mountain Trailers Group
Happy Friday Trailers!

Tomorrows run is ON

There will be a medium relaxed group.

The weather looks to be mild but please still remember to bring your water.

See you at Constantia neck, RV in the parking area 06:25 (yes that early) to start at 06:30 (it'll be worth it, you know it ;-))

Regards

Samantha

.

Samantha Brinkmann

Nov 11, 2019, 2:04:09 AM11/11/19
to Table Mountain Trailers Group
Good Morning Trailers

This Saturday we head to the forest to attempt our own TMT version of the Baby Beast.

Route details

Meet at the Newlands Fire Base parking (not Forries).

We warm up by heading towards Kirstenbosch Gardens and turn up near the boundary.  We won't head all the way up to the contour but stick to the lower trails as we head in the direction of the blockhouse. We turn back above hospital bend, taking the lower road above Rhodes Memorial and head back to our cars.

Disclaimer: Route may vary to the actual Beast route as the paths in Newlands Forest move often.

Please remember this a pack run led by committee, and its important that we look out for each other.

Rendezvous and Start Time

RV in the parking area 06:25 ready to start at 06:30.

Terrain and Distance

Mostly forest paths and some jeep track.  Map and profile of the actual race attached for reference.

Distance: +- 11 kms taking about 2 - 2.5hrs for Medium Group

Fast Group
May follow a similar route with a possible extension to be decided on the day.

Relaxed Group to be confirmed on Friday.

Baby Beast 12km 2019_GPX.gpx
Baby-Beast-2019-Map-Pic-low-res-kms-edit-1.jpg
Baby-Beast-2019-EP-Edit-2-1.jpg

Samantha Brinkmann

Nov 15, 2019, 12:49:27 AM11/15/19
to Table Mountain Trailers Group
Good morning and Happy Friday Trailers!

Tomorrow's run is ON

Relaxed group is confirmed

RV in the Newlands fire base parking area 06:25  for a 06:30 start.

Weather looks to be cool with a slight breeze - come prepared for some forest orienteering and don't forget your water.

See you tomorrow

Regards

Sam

Samantha Brinkmann
0723144341

Nov 18, 2019, 11:51:44 AM11/18/19
to Table Mountain Trailers Group
Evening All and apologies for the lateness of this email!

This Saturday we will be heading to Hout Bay.

Route details

Meet at the Vida Cafe in the car park at the bottom of Chapmans Peak drive.

We warm up on a few kms of tar to East Fort where the relaxed group can park and join us (relaxed group to be confirmed), from there we will head up to the contour path heading to the saddle between Noordhoek Peak and Chapmans Peak.

At the saddle there are a few options;
1: Those wanting to head back can do so either via the tar road or via retracing their route back along the contour path.
2: Those wanting a bit more of a climb can head up to Chapmans Peak followed by option 1.
3: Those who want even more of a climb can head up to Noordhoek Peak and along the Panorama trail to the Hout Bay lookout point and back via Blackburn Ravine.

Options 2 & 3 will require volunteers to lead them, if anyone is keen please let me know.

I will be leading from the rear and will do either options 1 or 2.

Rendezvous and Start Time

RV in the parking area 06:25 ready to start at 06:30.

Terrain and Distance

Mountainous single track, some tar and some serious climbs if you are up for options 2 or 3.

Fast and or Longer Group(s)
As per options 2 and 3 above

Relaxed Group to be confirmed on Friday.

Distance and duration
Depends on the routes available (read: volunteer dependent)
I am not 100% sure (sorry, I will confirm ASAP!)

Please bring:

A whistle, WATER (remember a trail 10km can take longer than a road 10km),  FOOD, a warm & waterproof/windproof top, space blanket and ICE (In case of Emergency) tag or card.

Unfortunately no dogs are allowed on our runs.

Any queries please contact me directly.

Regards

Jane Holdcroft

0790852582

Lorraine Nevin

Nov 21, 2019, 2:47:30 PM11/21/19
to Table Group
Hello Trailers!

Confirming Saturday’s sortie: we’re meeting at Vida in Hout Bay at 6:25 am for a jaunt upwards from East Fort.

Relaxed group also confirmed.

It might be a little drizzly so bring a waterproof top.

Full route description below.

Jane
0790852582

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jane Holdcroft <janeho...@hotmail.co.uk>
Date: 18 November 2019 at 18:51:55 SAST
To: Table Mountain Trailers Group <tmtra...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: TABLE MOUNTAIN TRAILERS Saturday 23rd November 2019: Hout Bay

Samantha Brinkmann

Nov 9, 2020, 2:59:04 AM11/9/20
to Table Mountain Trailers Group
Good Morning Trailers

This Saturday we head to the forest to run a TMT version of the Baby Beast.

Rendezvous and Start Time

RV in the parking area Newlands Fire Base 06:25 ready to start at 06:30.

Route details

Meet at the Newlands Fire Base parking (not Forries).

We warm up by heading in the direction of Kirstenbosch Gardens and turn up near the boundary.  We won't head all the way up to the contour but stick to the lower trails as we head in the direction of the blockhouse. We turn back above hospital bend, taking the lower road above Rhodes Memorial and head back to our cars.

Route may vary to the actual Beast route as the paths in Newlands Forest move often.

Please remember this a pack run, and its important that we look out for each other.

Terrain and Distance

Mostly forest paths and some jeep track.  Previous map, profile & GPX of the race attached for reference.

Distance: +- 12 kms taking about 2 - 2.5hrs for Medium Group

Relaxed Group to be confirmed on Friday.

*Please note adjustments to the route may be made whilst running depending on the group and weather conditions.

Please bring:

A whistle, WATER (remember a trail 10km can take longer than a road 10km), a warm & waterproof/windproof top, space blanket and ICE (In case of Emergency) tag or card.

Unfortunately no dogs are allowed on our runs.

Please remember to adhere to the COVID rules below:
  • No gathering in a big group at start or end of the run.
  • All runners to carry a mask or buff.
  • Practice social/physical distancing.
  • We will break into small groups as per regulations while we run.
  • No personal sign in – ensure the leader ticks you in/out. Please carry emergency contact numbers in your bag or on your wrist/shoe.
  • We will monitor the groups on a weekly basis for size.
  • VOB reserves the right to stop TMT if the COVID infections increase again in the Western Cape.
  • If you have any symptoms, have been in contact with anyone with symptoms or are feeling unwell, please stay at home.

Have a great week!

Regards

Run Organiser
Samantha
0723144341

Baby Beast 12km 2019_GPX.gpx
Baby-Beast-2019-Map-Pic-low-res-kms-edit-1.jpg
Baby-Beast-2019-EP-Edit-2-1.jpg

Samantha Brinkmann

Nov 13, 2020, 4:29:11 AM11/13/20
to Table Mountain Trailers Group
Good morning Trailers!

Hope you’ve had an amazing week.

Our run is ON for tomorrow.

- there is no walking group

Medium group: As a few people are away we can decide on the morning how many groups to split into depending on turnout (#livingontheedge)

Weather looks to be cool with chance of rain so please come prepared accordingly.

Rendezvous and Start Time

RV in the parking area Newlands Fire Base 06:25 ready to start at 06:30.

See you there.

Regards

Samantha
0723144341

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

Baby Beast 12km 2019_GPX.gpx
Baby-Beast-2019-Map-Pic-low-res-kms-edit-1.jpg
Baby-Beast-2019-EP-Edit-2-1.jpg

Samantha Brinkmann

May 9, 2021, 12:47:49 PM5/9/21
to Table Mountain Trailers Group
Hi Trailers

Please be aware that our runs operate under strict COVID protocols.

    • No gathering in a big group at start or end of the run
    • All runners to carry a mask or buff
    • Practice social distancing
    • We will break into small groups as per regulations while we run
    • Please carry emergency contact numbers in your bag or on your wrist/shoe
    • We will monitor the groups on a weekly basis for size
    • VOB reserves the right to stop TMT if the COVID infections increase again in the Western Cape
    • If you have any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms, please stay at home

    Saturday 15 May 2021 we head to the Republic of Hout Bay for a mix of trail and road.

    Route details
    Meet at the parking at the bottom of Chappies, by the Velocity Gym.

[...]

    Samantha Brinkmann

    May 14, 2021, 4:57:51 AM5/14/21
    to Table Mountain Trailers Group
    Happy Friday Trailers!

    The Norwegians predict a cold, wet and possibly breezy start to the morning:

    Inline image

    For those looking to brave elements, the run is ON however may be re-evaluated in the morning depending on conditions (safety first!). Please come prepared accordingly.

    Rendezvous and Start Time

    RV in the parking area at the bottom of Chappies, by the Velocity Gym 06:55 ready to start at 07:00.

    Regards

    Samantha
    0723144341