SPLA to introduce road escort service

Elisabeth Janaina

Oct 17, 2016, 2:10:07 AM10/17/16
to southsudankob
SPLA to introduce road escort service
Obaj Shago | October 15, 2016 | 2:51 pm
An SPLA patrols an unidentified area in 2015.
An SPLA patrols an unidentified area in 2015.

The SPLA general headquarters says it will soon introduce security
escort service on major roads.

This comes after several incidents of attack on civilians by armed men
along Juba- Nimule and Juba –Yei roads.

SPLA spokesperson Brigadier General Lul Ruai told the media at Bilpam
on Friday that the SPLA has taken the responsibility of protecting
road travelers.

Meanwhile, the army has confirmed that Lt Gen Bapiny Monytuil Wejang,
former Deputy Chief of General Staff for Moral Orientation, has left
SPLA.

In a press statement dated October 7, Gen Monytuil announced his
resignation in Nairobi.

Brig. Gen. Lul Ruai says the office of the SPLA Chief of General Staff
has acknowledged the resignation.

“We carefully went through the reasons he cited. In our opinion, the
reasons he cited are purely administrative, whether from military
point of view or from political perspective,” Brig Ruai said.