South Sudan government prevents agriculture minister from travelling abroad

Elisabeth Janaina

Sep 15, 2016, 7:21:09 AM9/15/16
to southsudankob

South Sudan government prevents agriculture minister from travelling abroad

JUBA (15 Sep.)

South Sudan’s government has prevented minister of agriculture and food security Kornelio Kon from travelling abroad for either treatment purposes or official missions.

Speaking to Radio Tamazuj yesterday, Kon said he couldn’t attend many press conferences for the agriculture ministry abroad."The minister of cabinet affairs Martin Elia has refused to approve invitation letters for me to travel to participate in those conferences, I was even prevented from travelling for treatment outside, “said Kon.

Kornelio Kon, who is also head of the opposition parties in Juba, pointed out that he was waiting for the next cabinet meeting to know the problem.