An Open Letter to the President of the Republic of S.Sudan on Brutal Killing of Defenseless Dinkas on the streets & Jungles of Equatoria Region

Elisabeth Janaina

Oct 18, 2016, 2:15:53 AM10/18/16
to southsudankob
An Open Letter to the President of the Republic of S.Sudan on Brutal
Killing of Defenseless Dinkas on the streets & Jungles of Equatoria
Region
Oct. 14 Politics, Uncategorized 20 comments
Tweet

By: Luka Geng Geng, luka...@gmail.com, University Campus, Wau,
OCT/14/2016, SSN;

Mr. President,

With deepest frustration as I pen you this letter, I’d like to begin
at the outset by sending my heartfelt condolences to the entire
families, friends and relatives of the brutalized members of Dinkas
whose lives perished in cold blooded war on the main streets and
jungles of greater Equatoria region under the hands of merciless
Equatorian youth against Dinka.

Back to the point, this letter is to appeal to you to do something
fast and if you are already doing something to redouble your effort or
to re-focus your compliance with the saying that “stitch in time saves
nine.”

This is a matter of grave concern, you should know. The recent
sadistic brutal murdering of innocent Dinka on Yei to Juba road and
Juba-Nimule road are very disheartening not only to the families of
deceased but equally to all Dinka communities across the country.

Why would innocent Dinkas people be killed on regular basis? You ought
to know the answer to this question and come up with the solution.

Mr. President, I am obliged to deliver you this piece on open medium
but I want to assure you if I had an opportunity to convey this
message privately, I would not have hesitated to do so.

Since you are the only custodian of Dinka people constitutionally and
all others tribes in South Sudan, I would like to state clearly to you
that “what has been happening at your watch is a clear indication
where the state failed not only to protect and insure the
constitutional, legal and traditional rights of tribal people but
instead it sponsored crimes against tribal people”.

In this open letter, I would want to question your knowledge about the
root cause of what is going on now in the country. Did you know why
there is hating of Dinka tribe that much?

It is because you are president who comes from Dinka while other
tribes are not happy with your ruling; this is a fact not a case, and
so it is what you should know best. Nuers and Shilluk tribes have
already demonstrated that to you which can also best prove my point
here.

We believed that will it be too late though you might come up with
whatever the solution. Do you think that being Dinka-born president,
your tribe mates could be killed while you and your government are
tied lipped because you come from Dinka tribe?

Is your presidency enough for these lives lost? I don’t think so. On
daily basis, innocent Dinkas people are being targeted and cornered
everywhere on the streets and jungles of Equatoria region creating a
sense of insecurity yet your government couldn’t come up with a
clear-cut solution to that.

In several occasions, we have seen that brutal killings of Dinkas have
become a frequent occurrence and irrespective of whatever intervention
your government will make thereafter, its persistence does nothing to
engender faith in your government system’s ability to secure justice
for the victims and the entire members of Dinkas living in Equatoria
region whom I think are in the pecking order of heartless organized
group against Dinkas.

Remember, as a chief servant of the nation or president, you are like
a pilot of an aircraft flying in turbulence. Turbulence times bring
out the best or worse of a pilot. We can no longer blame the
turbulence on past enemies of South Sudan at this time though some
figures within your government still point their fingers at former
rebel leaders to be behind the killings.

Believe me or not, this time the buck rests at your desk if you fail
to live up to the hype and hopes of million people across the country
on the current situation because all believe that providing security
for civilians is the primary responsibility of the state.

Mr. President, you need to know that even if we live in a country were
almost everything is devalued including our local currencies, we
wouldn’t accept our lives to be devalued, and in particular as Dinkas
we are always calm, not known for the killing initiating characters
but lethal on revenge if resorted to as the only option, something
which I believe the same government of yours dragging foot on the
current brutality will sweat on it so much sooner or later.

What the Equatorian brothers are doing against Dinka may turn bitter
soon if Dinka tribes may respond to it. But why would you want Dinkas
to revenge before your intervention Mr. president?

By writing this letter, I am neither inciting Dinka youth nor
advocating for the Dinkas to rise and revenge but rather I want your
serious intervention and that of your government, Mr. President.

I want you also to know that other non Dinka tribes across South Sudan
are not happy with your ruling which is the chief reason Dinka are
hated that much.

Mr. President you also know that you made us too weak in defending
your government against your harsh critics because what we see
sometimes with your government weakens our defense strategy. It could
be wise for your government to be sensitive to such situations where
the blood is poured. Everyone wanted your intervention on this
situation.

In my personal point of view, the kind of interventional measures I
would like your government to take are responding to such incidents by
coming out with a high level judicial inquiry, legal action and fixing
accountability on the brutality and cruelty of killing of innocent
Dinkas and ultimately to strongly condemn this act of crimes against
humanity which is also tribalism by its nature.

And if these ideas are not helpful in this particular situation, you
may go as far announcing the state of emergency in the states like Yei
and apply exactly the same formula which was used to solve the problem
in Wau state.

Coming to Wau now you will really feel that the formula was really
helpful in a situation were no body was expecting its quickest
recovery owing to rampant killing which was practiced in Wau.

Mr. President, I wonder what kind of leadership is your government
trying to run; in other countries, it is not surprising to see the
heads of the state coming out to strongly condemn and send out
condolences not even on the killing of less than two civilians but
only in some occasions where only life threatening acts has been
committed.

Why is it too late or too hard for your government to imitate such
noble leaders? What will justify your silence in the ongoing killing
of innocent Dinka? I will never understand!

In conclusion, I would like to urge the transitional government of
national unity for immediate intervention to halt the ongoing
onslaught in our country for the current trend may lead our country
towards tribal warlordism which we don’t expect to exist in our
beloved nation.

The current situation must end with a well calculated political
solution. A restoration and consolidation of full protection of
civilians which is well within the power of your government, Mr.
President, can indiscriminate the horrors of brutal killing of
innocent members of Dinka tribes.

The current insecurity created by some individuals with tribal
ideologies may send our country to trash given the current situation
in the country. However, my big fear is that we face a prospect of
losing another generation of South Sudanese to conflict and misery
should all the tribes be engaged in the ongoing killing of members of
tribes…up to here I rest my point.

The author of this piece is 6th year medical student in the University
of Bahr el Ghazal; Wau. For contact, he can be reached at
luka...@gmail.com/0956661661
Tweet
<< Older
Newer >>
20 Comments

Abiko Akuranyang Tangwo!
October 14, 2016 at 8:46 pm

Dear: Author Student of University Of Bahr El Ghazal Luka Geng Geng:

I read your letter to His Excellency President Salva Kirr
Mayardit.It is as good as bad! You know, you liking President Salva
Kirr to revenge against people who are killing innocent civillians
Dinka in Equatoria. I am not happy about.But you have to understand
that communal fight is always normal in every society in this
world.What took place in Yei road,nobody knows the reasons behind! Let
the government handle the situation in peace!

Remembered that the problems,have been happened in the roads.Not
inside the towns in the country in the South Sudan between Juba-Yei
Road and Juba-Nimule Road.It is hard to find the attackers in the
bush.What I want from our fellow Equatorians politicians.They should
admonish individual in Equatoria to stop killing civilians Dinka
people in their ancestors lands totally!They should live with them in
harmony and in peace!

To those who are doing such killings,must be arrested and punish
by law. The rebels must do the same! The leader in the bush Riak
Machar, should warn his fighters from killing innocent people in the
country! He should fight on government of President Kirr
administration! We are one people! We are sharing one common good!
South Sudan common enemies, they are now in the South Sudan.They have
not been yet got killed by Southerners! There are now,South Sudanese
remain in KhartoumThey are enjoying protection in the Sudan
government!

Killing people in the country base on tribal political
backgrounds,is UNACCEPTABLE TOTALLY!

Thank you Luka.The matters will be solved in peace!

MO.USA
Sunday Deng
October 15, 2016 at 9:10 am

When other tribes were massacred by the Dinka militias you
people were celebrating, now the wheel of Almighty turn against them.
Reap what you show.
L. Stephens
October 14, 2016 at 9:00 pm

shame on you. If you were a real patriotic south Sudanese you
would be complaining to the president about the killings of other
south Sudanese in Equatoria. This has started even much earlier before
this current conflict. Let me be honest i equally condemn the killing
of innocent civilians in this conflict whether Dinka or non Dinka. You
can recall that the killing of civilians on Juba road is condemned by
many equatorians. People of Equatoria do not hate the Dinka but the
leadership of current government who happen to be useless an
incompetent.
Are you aware of civilian killings in Yei, Maridi, Yambio, Mundri,
Magwi, Loa, Pagiri, Torit, Malakal, Bentiu by Kiir forces just because
they happen to belong to a tribe of the person who is with Riek
Machar? Are you aware that Dinka soldiers in Equatoria kill civilians
after they return from a losing battle field? Remember the story of
David and Goliath if you are wise. And check your Jieng plan of
rulling south sudan for 200 years. Please, i agree with you let us
condemn the killings of inonnecent non combatants. But tell your Kiir
soldiers to stop it first then the Equatorians will follow suit.
korson sebit
October 14, 2016 at 10:33 pm

The insecurity problem we are currently facing in South sudan is a
man made situation, any lose of a human being life’s either Dinka’s or
Equatorians is a great lose to nation, our people much look back
seriously to the roots cause of the killing innocent civilians in cold
blood and hated that taking place across south sudan. No smoke started
without fire, Equatorians grvinecis much be addressed in a very higher
levels, our Equtorians civilians been slaughtered like rates from
east, central, Western Equatoria states, our people complain about the
mistreatment they are getting from their Dinka’s brother and
forcefully taking away their properties by Dinka centric trabolistic
governments in juba, No tribe is born to rule others tribes, No tribes
either white or black born with guns in their hands but we all learn
how to used it, for genuine peace to privail in South sudan certain
tribes in South sudan much change their attitude towards others
tribes, and start behaving like we are living in 21st century by
respecting other communities properties. No Equatorians go to Bor or
warrap state started grabbing what doesn’t belong to them by force.
What I have seen missing in South sudan is nationalism, we need to
identify our self as south Sudanese first not tribes first.
johnjerry
October 15, 2016 at 1:22 am

It is so painful when we turn against one another as citizens of
this nation that is so dear to all of us. A lot of killings of
innocent people have recently plaqued this nation starting at the
outbreak of December 2013 of the Nuer people by the Dinka militia
famously known as Mathiang Anyoor. This was targeted killings as it
was done openly from door to door and the same thing happened in Wau
against the Fertit people by the same people now complaining that they
are being targeted by people from greater Equatoria on the roads in
and out of juba-Nimule and Juba-Yei roads.

This killings of innocent citizens must stop.It is unfair in the
21st century when we see such brutal act take place.Both the
Government Soldiers and the Rebel Soldiers must respect the civilians
that they are suppose to protect.It is very unfortunate that the
SPLM/A is a “Vehicle” without a reverse gear as per say.Create a
Vehicle with a reverse gear so that you can move back and forth with
ease. This is not rocket Science, but logic in the real world. It is
this same thing that created all this mess in the country starting
with Bor massacre in 1991 and other killings of the same nature across
the country during the bush war and now. Who is there to rescue us
from this mess?. Please merciful God come to our help!!!
Bismark
October 15, 2016 at 1:32 am

While it is sad to hear the death of innocent jiengs on Equatorian
roads, it should as well be sad to do so on the lives of innocent non-
jiengs killed by those jiengs in uniform. I believe it far much worse
for a person in uniform to kill an innocent citizens with government
resources for no reason. It is even the worst moment of my life to
hear government soldiers kill mad people, pregnant women, babies and
even rape women and dissect the dead in Equatoria. You can imagine
what the relatives of the victims could do if they have the ability to
pay back. To every action there is a reaction. So here the government
is to blame. No human live is invaluable. As a country we must strive
to defend and protect the property and lives of our citizens and no
life of any citizen is more superior than the lives of others.
Pastoralists should go back to where they came from so that peace can
return to the villages of Equatoria.
False Millionaire
October 15, 2016 at 5:05 am

The true truth is,it’s uncivilized to generalize.
A man who has lost a grand mother,a mother,a wife,childern and
everything that he sees to have been most valuable for him on earth
will be more criminal than the criminals who kilt them if he ever laid
a hand on innocent masses who had nothing to do with the events that
lead to their death.
Crime is universal.So is the law and justice.The criminals deserve
to be punished to their last comrade no matter where they are
hiding.That includes those who are squatting among the forum’s
audience preaching hate among the masses.They are more criminals in
principle than the criminals whom they have incited to murder innocent
citizens in RSS in general and in the greater equatoria in
particular.Spade is spade.No to blind revenge!!!
Elijah Samuel
October 15, 2016 at 5:07 am

You write passionately because your people(Dinka) died. You should
have written in the very same spirit when the rest of the 63 tribes
are been eliminated one by one by Dinka Machinery called the SPLA-IG.
Without Dinka Masses Kiir is nothing and has no support from any other
ethnic group than the Dinka. In addition What Kiir is doing is for the
benefit of the Dinka.
The Dinka Soldiers goes to other peoples villages, arrest and kill
freely and there is no outcry from you the rest of the Dinkas.

Listen and Listen Well. Without the ancestral lands of each ethnic
groups they can not exist. So when Kiir uses the weight of the Dinka
government to force you Dinkas into other peoples villages, it means
you did not come in peace, you bread animosities and anger. When was
the last time Kiir SPLA-IG kill you Dinkas as they do to my tribe and
all the other 63 ethnic groups?

The reason why All the 63 tribes hate you is because you are using
your Dinka centric government to displace others from their ancestral
villages. the solution to South Sudan is very simple.
1) Take your people back to their lands and do not invade other
peoples villages
2) Do not drive your cows all over lands that belong to other people
3) Kiir must null the 28 Dinka centric states
4) Let other thrive in their villages as you are in your own villages.

If you do the above, there shall be instant peace. The Nuer tough
and are fighting not because they are defending Machar but because you
killed their women and children by the thousand by other estimate
10,000 right in Juba. If loosing 20 Dinka hurst you this much can you
imagine what the Nuer must have felt?

Even if you make Wani Igga or Taban Gai the president of South
Sudan, as long as you keep aggressions in other peoples villages, the
entire 63 south sundaes will continue to hate you. We hate you not
because of kit but rather what Kiir does on your behalf and you go
along with it.

Peace is the product of equality and Justice and respecting other
people rights. Tell me how many Dinka villages has Muru, Kakwa,
Acholi, Madi, Fajulu as Dinkas are in this places? You claim our
places in the name of one nation but yet what it is you are expanding
your territories by robbing other lands. the problem of south sudan is
LAND favoring Dinkas. We fought the Arabs because of our lands and we
shall fight anyone who come to us like the arab whoever that may be.
Simba
October 15, 2016 at 5:24 am

https://www.change.org/p/the-secretary-general-united-nations-secretariat-ny-10017-united-states-prevent-another-rwanda-like-genocide-in-south-sudan?recruiter=610641104&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

I recieved the above link which adresses thi very problem in a way
of petition to UN to prevent genocide.

Simba
Tyson
October 15, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Sheer nonsense!
The Jieng started this ugly phenomenon from the first SPLA
misrule. People were killed, women raped, lands grabbed, and
government coffers were looted with impunity! When this barbaric
situation is being imposed on innocent people by the Jieng evils, you
call this justice.
Malong recruited jieng malitias to rain havoc on innocent lives,
kill, rape and grab land, no Jieng ever condemned it.
Nuer were slaughtered, raped and humiliated, the Jieng jubilataed
for this ugly situation. It was considered victory because you are
netting hell on innocent people.
Today, the 63 tribes of South Sudan are allegic to Jieng
behaviors. The blood of innocent people are crying for justice
everyday.
The people were being innocently killed by Jieng deserve the RIGHT
for self defense. Wherever you misbehave, you deserve to die. It is
better to be surrounded by wild animals rather rather than by
primitively jiengs.
We know your ugly plans but time will tell!
Good luck!
Lotome Lojuron
October 16, 2016 at 6:01 am

Luka Geng Geng
Seeing the right thing and refuse to do it cowardice. Whatever
you refused not to be done to you do not do to others. Your tribe men
have been clearing villages in Central Equatoria and as we speak now
some families are totally wiped out. Tell your fellow tribe men to
stop killing too.
Kokora II
October 16, 2016 at 12:48 am

Dear Citizens
It is sad to hear about the deaths of civilians on major Roads,
and in fact in every other road in our Country daily in the News. The
question to ask is who actually started these killings in the first
place? The answer is the government of SPLA IG in Juba started this
barbarism. For the last year or so (Kirr/Malong) militias are going
from village to village of Equatoria and other parts of the country
killing our innocent civilians indiscriminately claiming that they are
rebels. They kill every male beings from babies being thrown in
burning houses to old and sick including women.
First of all we would like to make it very clear to all that.
There’re no old women, old men, pregnant women, school aged girls,
children and the disabled in our movement. Let me make it very clear
about that. So why is Kirr/Malong’s militias killing innocent
civilians all over Equatoria, in Bahr Ghazal and Upper Nile areas in
mass killings with impunities and no one is held accountable?
We promised not to hurt civilians on the roads if the Regime in
Juba will refrain from killing our innocent people. We are Armed
Revolutionaries and we only fight against our enemies aka Kirr/Malong
Dinka militias who are carrying guns.
Unfortunately, some of our people are paying no attention to our
warnings, that you MUST NOT RISK YOUR LIVES TO SAVE THE REGIME IN
JUBA. Avoid travelling on these roads until a deal is reached and you
will be safe.
I repeat, we are not here to attack civilians but any suspected
vehicles or civilian transportations used to transport military
equipment are well known, because we have our agents whom we are in
constant communications with, they are instructing us about the
identities of these transportation companies, they will not be allowed
to pass safely.
This warning also goes to other routes like Torit-Pageri, or
Juba-Torit, Juba-Yei and Juba-Bor, Juba Marindi, Juba- Kajo Keji roads
etc. any road leading out of Juba. They are not safe for anyone to
risk your lives for.
You may ask the the aim in doing all these?
• The aim is to force and bring the Government back to negotiating
table and to do it with good faith without nepotism or trickery.
• There is NO ONE WHO WILL WIN this war BY GUNS. But Salva Kirr
and Malong Awan thought they can subdue and destroy us and play tricks
on us with the help of their foreign allies and betrayers that they
will defeat us.
• We CAN ELOQUENTLY TELL YOU, THAT IS UTTERLY FALSE AND
UNCONCIEVABLE EMPTY DREAMS
• We are People’s Movement fighting to free our people from
Dinka-led illegal regime; we urged all foreign entities to HEED TO OUR
ONGOING WARNINGS.
• The government in Juba is using the civilians as Human shields
and we condemned that cowardice, and must STOP.

Eli Wani is a South Sudanese Revolutionary and Visionary Combatant
in Armed Resistance for Justice, Equality, working in Pursuit of
Liberty and Freedom of our People
False Millionaire
October 16, 2016 at 9:13 am

Sunday,Stephens,Sebit,Bismark,Elijah,Tyson and the rest of savage idiots,
If u don’t get any common sense in johnjerry’s sensible
comments,then prepare yourselves to regret the tragedy of an equatoria
that u still don’t know and which u will be obliged to know if jieng
ever take revenge.
There isn’t one single example on earth where political or social
objectives were achieved with target killings of innocent people.So be
very certain of the reality that what u have opted to do will allow u
to inflict pain and suffering on others but that doesn’t mean that the
same pain and suffering will not rebound on u a hundred folds worst in
the magnitude.
johnjerry’s position is exactly the position of the majority of
well wishers and people of good will.We say no to inter ethenic
violence and blind revenge.But that doesn’t mean that the savage
idiots like u who have incited the criminals to do what they have done
shouldn’t be punished.No punishment will be too sivere for u.Stay
tuned.If u are hiding in Juba,outside Juba,in RSS or abroad,there will
be no save heaven for u from hell fire that u deserve.
Elijah Samuel
October 16, 2016 at 2:17 pm

A Jenge, the very primitives of South Sudan calling their
civilized masters Savages? What a bluff. Bring it on ya millionaire
from corrupt stolen money coming from culture of thieves.
Just talks are enough. Brigit on!
Toria
October 16, 2016 at 6:16 pm

False M and Cohorts aka Tribal Diehard Clerics

My condolence and I am saddened to hear about what is and has
been happening to ALL our people in SS and it deserve condemnation.
But on the other side I also find you and some of your
like-minded tribal clerics are not doing any favors by fanning the
flames by warning others as though this is the first time citizens
have been killed in SS.
Does it mean then that Dinkas blood is much worth than that of
non Dinkas?
Without doubts you and your tribal mates are hypocrites and
cynical. You are very good in shedding “Crocodile Tears” if you know
what I mean? Why do you make a lot of noise when the tide turns the
other side?

You need to learn this simple wisdom that translates: “DO UNTO
OTHERS AS YOU WOULD LIKE OTHERS TO DO UNTO YOU”. Did you get that?

When have you ever come out to condemn when Dinkas killed
other non-Dinkas or land grabbing or raping women even from unprovoked
attacks? Yes, tell us Mr. False and cohorts; when have you people
shown nationalism rather than always being bigots and one sided of
typical Dinka supporters even when your people have been told over and
over not to incite or provoke the people of Equatoria? You have been
advised diplomatically to remove your cows away from farm lands, your
people have been told to behave and live in harmony on our lands and
with respect for others. Your people have been advised to stop land
grabbing, stop forced marriages at gun points aka rape, stop calling
others cowards when they wanted peace instead you brag about
colonizing others, liberating others etc. Well, guess what, these very
people you provoked are the descendants of WAR HEROES, it’s in our
blood, our FOREFATHERS fought every colonizer starting from the Turks,
the Egyptians, the English, the Jallabas and now we will take on Dinka
Colonizers are no exception, they will be fought until they quit
calling themselves as “liberators” of other South Sudanese and you
either start living together side by side like one nation people or we
will be forced to break the nation into pieces, aka Somalization.
-When did you condemn the notorious JCE when they divided and
re-divided others lands and gave it to Dinkas? Don’t you think the
Equatorians have the rights to defend themselves when war is brought
to our doorsteps?
-When did you ever condemn the killings of Nuers in Juba?
-When did you condemn the killings of Chollo people in Malakal?
– When did you condemn the constant killings of Madi people on
their own land when Dinka IDPs told the indigenous people that “we
liberated this land by guns and so if you want it come and get it back
by guns?
-And isn’t that exactly what you asked for? Be careful of what
you ask because NO ONE IS A BULLET PROOF including Dinkas.
Mind you all those Dinkas so-called civilians roaming in our
villages are carrying guns or have guns in their residences and they
used it in the shadow of darkness to terrorise, rape, kill, humiliate
etc the unarmed civilian population. So now, the question you need to
ask and think about is; who forced us to resist your brutality?
Never shall we surrender until we get back our respects and
stolen lands. You people should have learnt this long time that
Equatorians never quit and we are much more complicated to figure out
than your shallow assumption that we have surrendered to your
dictatorship rogue regime.
The good thing is now we too have guns, this is not the era of
late Dr. Garang, whom I personally admired his technical tag of war,
although he killed Equatorians in thousands we considered that as
“collateral damages” and we left that behind us because we had a
bigger fish to fry, i.e. defeating the Arabs. and todate we have
accomplish that but now we have a new “colonizer” to defeat.

“Never, never, never, never surrender, surrender we shall never……….”

You keep uttering cowardice threats on this very website
against the Equatorians and yet your tiny brain seems to forget that
SSN is ran and owned by an Equatorian the very people you wish to
exterminate.

The warning to people like this Editor is to contemplate if it
is wise to publish some of these comments and yet our sources informed
us that this website is censoring most of the comments made by other
Equatorians. No reasons given up until this point but that is the
Editor’s prerogative. As we speak there are plots to commit genocide
on Equatorians in Bahr Ghazal, and this should have made a headline on
this website not just comments.
Toria
October 16, 2016 at 10:33 am

DINKA YOUTH AND GOVERNMENT OF SOUTH SUDAN OFFICIALS PLOTS TO
COMMIT GENOCIDE ON EQUATORIANS IN BAHR GHAZAL AND PARTS OF THE COUNTRY
AGAIN

A Confirmed disturbing news from reliable sources within
international NGOs working in Bahr el Ghazal. The filed reported
reveals youth in Bahr el Ghazal are mobilizing to wage attacks on
Equatorians working in Bahrr El Ghazel in revenge of ambushes on main
roads in Equatoria.
“South Sudan’s government through its spokesperson Michael Makuei
has threatened communities in Equatoria on Wednesday that his
government will take measures against the civilian populations if they
are “suspected????” to be rebels.” If we talk of incitement Michael
Makuei is the real inciter of tribal hatreds, he has done this in the
2013 which resulted into Nuer genocide in Juba of December 2013, now
he is doing it to Equatorians. The world and our people must not take
this lightly of what is happening in Equatoria as we speak. As you can
see here: http://www.nyamile.com/2016/10/10/south-sudan-government-accused-of-killing-civilians-in-torit/

The recent event which took place along Juba-Yei road explains
that the blood and the lives of Dinka are much worth than the life of
“other” South Sudanese, the killing of unarmed civilians are
unjustifiable and must be condemn whether the victims are from Dinka
or Kakuwa, Azende, Madi Pojulu, Lorim Otuho, Moro etc. and every other
groups.
For so many years SPLA IG soldiers and Dinka militias have been
killing unarmed civilians in Equatoria with impunity and Kiir never
came out to speak against as he has done this time when it happened to
Dinkas, which again once more confirmed that this is a Dinka centric
government that treat his kin preferentially above and against all
others while Pres. Kirr is supposed to be president for all. While the
unidentified gunmen killed 21 Dinka mostly soldiers in civilians
clothes, the action taken by Dinka politicians is unprecedented and we
condemn these Dinka generals and their mouthpiece minister for
information Michael Makuei who is fanning the flame for their blood
thirsty regime to kill more. Who then is going to develop the country
when everybody becomes enemy of them?
Steve John
October 16, 2016 at 1:30 pm

Equatorians must stop this stupid feeling-sorry mentality against
the Dinka. Where was the author of this article when Nuers, Madi,
Pojulu, Morus etc were brutalized by jaangs? This is stupid and the
author and rest jaangs are complicit because they have silently
enjoyed the innocent of other tribes or were simply cowards and didn’t
want to get killed like Isaiah Abraham. Equatorians must defend
themselves by all means. The war must be taken to the doorstep of Kiir
and until Equatoria liberates itself from jaang suffocating grip, the
fight must continue.
Loberito
October 17, 2016 at 4:46 am

Dear Luka. I read your letter to the President of South Sudan with
great interest. First of all, my condolences to the children and
family members who were senselessly gunneddown on the roads in
Equatoria region. Human life is very Important wether one is being a
Dinka or non_dinka. Do you really think that President Kiir should
only defend Dinkas? When non-dinkas are always kill, when the families
of deceased asked the government of South Sudan to intervene, usually
they denied them. Have you ever written the letter to the president
when the SPLA soldiers killed civilians Kikilai, Lorena, Yei, Wau, and
Wonduruba where paramount Chief son was killed with his people. Peace
will come to South Sudan when those who rule South Sudan realize that
humanity is very important. All South Sudanese people are equal in
God’s eye.
False Millionaire
October 17, 2016 at 5:57 am

Toria and Elijhah,
I am sorry for your negative reaction to my comments.But u should
know that I am one of those who have grown up,survived and lived under
multi ethenic and multi cultural circumstances.I never need to be from
your ethenic group in order to feel as a fellow brother to u in much
the same way as u never need to be my tribesmen inorder to feel as
brothers to me.That said it isn’t today that the earth and the sky
will come crushing over me if I say u are on the wrong side in the
crisis.
Why kill innocent people when u know where army barracks are?
If your intention is to set up an ethenic conflict to provoke
masacares,then u will have to bear that part of ill thinking alone
becdouse in the case of jieng,they will be advised in any civilized
way possible never to commit acts of revenge on any innocent equatoria
great or low in social rank.Now what are u going to do and u are most
certain to be isolated?

Toria,u wrote a dispatch yesterday and the editor was too unwise
to publish it as an article of information.Now u tell equatorians in
jieng homelands to uproot themselves out of an immagined fear of jieng
reveng from your part.It will not be a surprise if u publish another
dispatch so soon advising the same equatorians to flee to Congo.That’s
how so stupid your mind set is.U hallucinate death long before such an
evil idea as murdering an innocent equatoria comes to the mind of a
most savage jaang individual.

Things must be made clear to u and to the rest of idiots like
u.There are no differences between jieng and equatorian masses.All are
fellow citizens.Harming one is as much evil as harming the other.We
stand firm to defend them both.There will be no revenge on innocent
equatorians for the lives of the innocent jieng whom u have murdered
on the roads in equatoria.But u will be hunted,brought to justice and
punished most severely.
info@southsudannation
October 17, 2016 at 6:40 pm

False Millionaire,
For your information, many NGOs, who actually employed and
deployed the majority of Equatorians in jieng territories, are and
have withdrawn these employees. It’s a wise decision, given our
volatility of tribal vengeance.
Toria’s article is a reiteration of a very plausible reality,
better be cautious than being stupid and later regreting no heeding
such a clear advice.
Editor