No medicines for Jonglei citizens: Official

Elisabeth Janaina

Sep 20, 2016, 6:39:39 AM9/20/16
to southsudankob
No medicines for Jonglei citizens: Official
BOR (20 Sep.)
Tweet

A local health official said that all parts of South Sudan’s Jonglei
State have been facing a critical drugs shortage since July.

Jonglei State Minister of Health Angok Gordon told Radio Tamazuj
yesterday that the state is witnessing acute shortages of medicines,
while attributing the problem to the ongoing economic crisis and
rampant insecurity across South Sudan.

“No medicines in the state, since July until now, we didn’t receive
the shipment of medicines, we know that the country is witnessing
deteriorating economic conditions, and there are also security
problems, “said Angok.

The state minister also complained about a lack of coordination
between institutions that deliver medicines to the states due to
insecurity in the country.