Rock Creek Park Lessons?

George Marinkovich

May 30, 2019, 8:28:36 AM5/30/19
to WAR Skate List, Skate DC
Hi all,

Are Rock Creek Park Lessons still active?  If so, who should be contacted?  We're getting some interest in this on our facebook page and I'm not sure what to tell people other than to contact Danny Donoghue at theca...@juno.com or (202) 617-7971, but I suspect that may be out-of-date information.  If anyone knows anything perhaps you can respond here or to Billy Boyce and Danielle Ciaurro directly here:

Thanks!

Cheers,
George

Gary Henson

May 30, 2019, 8:40:15 AM5/30/19
to George Marinkovich, Skate DC, WAR Skate List
George,

Krista and her organization is the best option available for anyone who wants beginners lessons to expert level lessons. There are a number of community skaters that assist Krista with her passion of offering high quality lessons to improve their skating skills. Carol, Carla, Nora, and Andrew are just a few of her trainers. All have received their certification to train new and experience skaters that want to improve their skating skills.

The organization is called: Skaters Quest at:

George Marinkovich

May 30, 2019, 10:13:20 AM5/30/19
to Gary Henson, Skate DC, WAR Skate List
Thanks, Gary, Carol, Carla, and all others who quickly replied.  It seems the free Rock Creek Park lessons are on hiatus possibly due to repaving work at the site, and I'm still not sure when it may resume.  In the meantime, I've relayed the information that Skater's Quest does a great job and is an available alternative.  I know Danny has been involved for years and headed up the efforts at Rock Creek Park but I hadn't heard much about that lately.

Here's my response to the queries on facebook.  Feel free to add anything if you'd like:

Billy Boyce
Cheers,
George