ActiPAL data with GGIR?

z2the...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2021, 4:16:19 PM6/28/21
to R package GGIR
Has anyone used GGIR for ActiPAL output? I was just asked about it and I know nothing about ActiPAL data/output. I am aware that there is a function to read in CSV files into GGIR so any other accelerometer brand that generates csv output can be used. I am asking in hopes of a quick answer. Meanwhile I am looking into if ActiPAL can export CSV files and if it is raw data or not.
Thank you!!!

Ben Maylor

Jun 28, 2021, 7:04:34 PM6/28/21
to R package GGIR, z2the...@gmail.com
Hi Z,

Yes we have run ActivPAL data through GGIR and recently had an article published where we report the data: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/1091367X.2021.1944154.

You can generate uncompressed raw data through Palbatch version 8 and then use the csv function you mention to read in the data to GGIR.

kind regards,
Ben

Has anyone used GGIR for ActiPAL output? I was just asked about it and I know nothing about ActiPAL data/output. I am aware that there is a function to read in CSV files into GGIR so any other accelerometer brand that generates csv output can be used. I am asking in hopes of a quick answer. Meanwhile I am looking into if ActiPAL can export CSV files and if it is raw data or not.
Thank you!!!

z2the...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2021, 8:51:38 AM6/29/21
to R package GGIR
Thanks for the input!
Message has been deleted

Adrian

Nov 11, 2021, 11:01:51 AM11/11/21
to R package GGIR

Hi Z and Ben,

I’m also trying to run ActivPAL data through GGIR.

First, I have generated uncompressed raw csv. through “Palbatch version 8”. The csv. file has 5 columns: "Time", "Uncompressed sample index", "X", "Y" and "Z". What is currently unclear to me are the units in which, the .csv file, reports the results for all three axes.

Then, I have read it with GGIR, using the following code. Compared to the code you are using, do you see any obvious error in my code?

library(GGIR)

g.shell.GGIR(rmc.file=c(), rmc.nrow=c(), rmc.skip = 1, rmc.dec=".",

             rmc.firstrow.acc = 2,

             rmc.firstrow.header= c(),

             rmc.header.length = c(),

             rmc.col.acc = 3:5,

             rmc.col.temp = c(),

             rmc.col.time= 1,

             rmc.unit.acc = "mg",

             rmc.unit.temp = "C",

             rmc.unit.time = "ActivPAL",

             rmc.desiredtz = "Europe/Amsterdam",

             rmc.sf = 20,

             rmc.check4timegaps = FALSE,

             rmc.col.wear = c(),

             rmc.doresample=FALSE,

             mode=c(1,2,3,4,5),

             datadir="DB_ActivPAL",

             outputdir="Results_ActivPAL",

             do.report=c(2,4,5),

           chunksize = 1,

           do.cal = TRUE,

           do.enmo = TRUE,

           do.mad = TRUE,

           windowsizes = c(5,900,3600),

            #=====================

           # Part 2

           #=====================

          Predetermined values…

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Adrian

Vincent van Hees

Nov 16, 2021, 11:28:12 AM11/16/21
to Adrian, R package GGIR, ZT ZT, ben_m...@hotmail.com
Hi Adrian,

CC-ing ZT and Ben in your message probably helps as I guess they may not check the group messages daily.

What also helps is first trying to load the data with read.myacc.csv() to inspect the data.
If you see many values in the range 0 - 0.1 then you are probably looking at values in g. If you see many values in the range 0 - 100 then it is almost certain that you are looking at values in mg.

Best, Vincent