No such file or directory, double slash issue

Po Liu

Nov 28, 2021, 5:55:33 PM11/28/21
to R package GGIR
I'm running this code, the addresses are checked to be correct

library(GGIR)
g.shell.GGIR(#-------------------------------
             # General parameters
             #-------------------------------
             mode=c(2),
             datadir = datadir,
             outputdir = outputdir)

But I receive this error:
(output directory)\output_sample_data\\meta\ms2.out', reason 'No such file or directory'

Why is there a double slash present? (am on a windows laptop)

I thought it may be because I need to run mode 1 then 2, but the result is still the same.

ben_m...@hotmail.com

Nov 28, 2021, 6:28:32 PM11/28/21
to R package GGIR

Hi Po,

The “//” shouldn’t make a difference from my experience. Can you please share what you have used for the datadir argument? This I think will help to identify the problem.

Kind regards,

Ben

Po Liu

Nov 28, 2021, 6:38:01 PM11/28/21
to R package GGIR
Hi Ben,

Thank you for the speedy response, that is good to hear // doesn't matter.
For the data directory I am using a onedrive directory:
    "C:/Users/MYUSERNAME/OneDrive - WORK/sample_data"

MYUSERNAME and WORK are just replacements for privacy reasons.

Warm regards,
Po

Ben Maylor

Nov 28, 2021, 6:56:25 PM11/28/21
to Po Liu, R package GGIR

Hi Po,

I’ve never used OneDrive as a directory so I’m not sure if this might be the issue. Maybe someone else can help who has.

I just specify it like this and I’ve never had an issue like this:

datadir= "E:/Research/Data"

outputdir= "E:/Research"

GGIR will then generate the folder output_Data for you.

You will always need to run mode 1 first to generate the meta files (once you have these you don’t need to re-run) before being able to do part 2 onwards.

Ben

Po Liu

Dec 7, 2021, 9:20:38 PM12/7/21
to R package GGIR
Hi Ben,

Thank you for your time!
It was simply a computer access problem because it's a work laptop.

I ran R as administrator and it is all good.

Warm regards,
Po