Increased builder activity

AG6QV - Frank

Jul 25, 2022, 11:05:16 PM7/25/22
to PNW Microwave
Hello Everyone,

August and September are contesting months on the microwave bands and we
should be more active in the contests and with equipment testing. To
accomplish that I'd like to expand our build days from the 4ths Sunday
of the month to the 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month.

There is still work to do getting the test bench setup but the garage
has plenty of space for experimentation.

In August and September we have the following activities:

August 6-7: 222MHz and up contest. A great opportunity to test the
microwave equipment

August 14 Microwave build day in Burien

August 20-21 10GHz and up - Round 1

August 28 Microwave build day in Burien

September 11 Microwave build day in Burien

September 17-18 10GHz and up - Round 2

September 25 Microwave build day in Burien

If there is interest in doing field testing instead of meeting in Burien
we can do that too.

- Frank

--
73 de Frank
CN87tl

Fred W

Jul 26, 2022, 2:57:44 PM7/26/22
to AG6QV - Frank, PNW Microwave
Sounds good to me Frank.

We should get out while the weather is good.

I may have my 122GHz ready soon. I need to test my 900MHz, 2.4GHz and 10GHz setups as well.

Fred

Nick Krachmalnick

Jul 27, 2022, 11:31:14 AM7/27/22
to Fred W, AG6QV - Frank, PNW Microwave
Sounds good to me as well,

I need to do some testing too.

73's

Nick

John Petrich

Jul 28, 2022, 3:34:36 AM7/28/22
to AG6QV - Frank, PNW Microwave
Frank and the rest,
Two meetings per month sounds like a good way get us all back on the air.
Unfortunately, I will not be available those Sundays in August and September. Cataract surgeries in August and house guests in September. More freedom in October and going forward.
I feel badly about not being more active with the group. What seems like a pretty humdrum life is actually more busy than I would ordinarily think without actually looking at the calendar.

Regards,
John, W7FU

> On Jul 26, 2022, at 5:05 AM, AG6QV - Frank <fr...@ag6qv.com> wrote:
>
> Frank

Ray Cannon - W7GLF

Aug 8, 2022, 8:59:20 PM8/8/22
to PNW Microwave
I am back in town and assuming I have avoided COVID I will join the group this next Sunday.  I was talking to Scott VE7FYC on Sunday and he is planning on operating 10 GHz from North of the border at some point.  At this time my phone plan includes Canada so I should be able to touch base with Scott and others across the border.

I can bring 222 MHz, 10 GHz, 122 GHz, and anything else others may want me to bring.  I have 900, 1296, 2304, 3500, 5760, 24 GHz and 47 GHz available as well.

Ray Cannon - W7GLF

Aug 11, 2022, 3:42:14 PM8/11/22
to PNW Microwave
I am COVID free so I will be at the meeting.

Fred you mentioned testing 900, 2304 and 10 GHz before last meeting.  Did you already do that?

 I have transverters that use a variety of IF frequencies so IF to IF contacts should not be an issue.

903 MHz - 29 MHz IF
903 MHz - 145 MHz IF

1296 MHz - 28 MHz IF
1296 MHz - 144 MHz IF

2304 MHz - 144 MHz IF
2304 MHz - 434 MHz IF

10 GHz - 429 MHz IF
10 GHZ - 144 MHz IF

122 GHz

Let me know if I should pack up any or all of these transverters...

Fred W

Aug 12, 2022, 12:13:29 PM8/12/22
to Ray Cannon - W7GLF, PNW Microwave
I plan on being there.

Since a 10GHz contest is coming up I am bringing my 10GHz transverter, it needs some tlc. The last time I used it, rx was working but tx was not.

Will bring the 122GHz transceiver. I have most of the capacitors mounted, it needs the 0603 resistors and a different diode.

Fred - n7fw

Nick Krachmalnick

Aug 12, 2022, 12:15:29 PM8/12/22
to Fred W, Ray Cannon - W7GLF, PNW Microwave
I'll be there too.

I'll bring my new & old 10 GHz setup to be completed & 122

Nick

Ray Cannon - W7GLF

Aug 12, 2022, 9:15:02 PM8/12/22
to PNW Microwave
From my understanding I do not need to bring 903, 196 or 2304 and unless someone speaks up I will leave them at home.  Thus I will bring just 10 and 122 GHz.

I don't remember if is there a power meter in our lab for 10 GHz?  I can lug along an HP 432A and some attenuators which can handle up to 5 watts if not.