Next Meeting - Monday, 8/8 at 7 PM + Election Nominations

John Clark

Aug 6, 2022, 5:49:27 PM8/6/22
to pb...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone!

Our next meeting will be held this upcoming Monday, August 8th, over Zoom at 7 PM. Zoom link is the recurring link: https://maine.zoom.us/j/82362843383

Representative Grayson Lookner will be giving a brief presentation on the Portland to Auburn rail corridor.

We will be accepting nominations at this meeting for officer elections next month. I have attached the updated bylaws with more information about each of the executive roles.

Agenda is below:
---

PBPAC Monthly Meeting – August 8, 2022 at 7 PM

Meeting Conducted Online Via Zoom

Recurring Monthly Zoom Link: https://maine.zoom.us/j/82362843383

1.      Welcome and Introductions

2.      Approval of July Meeting Minutes

3.      Presentation & Discussion by Rep. Grayson Lookner – Portland to Auburn Rail Corridor

4.      Officer Nominations (election held in September)

5.      Roux Institute Walk Audit – follow-up

a.      Listserv Discussion

6.      South Portland Multi-Use Trail Project – follow-up

7.      Casco Bay Bridge improvements discussion

a.      Listserv Discussion

8.      PBPAC Strategic Planning discussion, setting a meeting date

9.      Upcoming events and other updates

10.  Adjourn

See you all Monday!
--
John Clark (he | him | his)
Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee

Damon Yakovleff

Aug 8, 2022, 10:30:19 PM8/8/22
to bikePed Comm
Great discussion this evening, thanks everyone. Here are the draft meeting notes.

PBPAC Minutes 8.8.22.pdf

Winston Lumpkins

Aug 9, 2022, 4:04:32 PM8/9/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com
I reached out to Jeremiah Bartlet (Transportation engineer with the Department of Public works) & asked about the Light at Whitney & Congress Street, as we had discussed it during the meeting.

He said:
"Indeed, we are adding the thermal detectors here as part of the current signal project, so bicycles can get picked up and change phases, something that has not been possible here.

I do expect in the coming months we will need to adjust settings for all of the different needs at this location, so I welcome additional input later this fall after everything is completed."

Once it's completed we should test the system out & let him know how it's working, as indeed it might need adjustments at first- I'm sure some of us ride through there every day, so it should be a small lift!

~Winston