Deering Ave & Woodfords Walk audit, January 25th at 4:30pm

Winston Lumpkins

Jan 13, 2023, 5:45:18 PM1/13/23
to City Council, Dena Libner, Kate Snyder, PB...@googlegroups.com
Dear Portland City Councilors and Mayor Snyder,

On Wednesday, January 25th The Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee and neighborhood residents will hold a walk Audit of Deering Ave, Starting at Woodford's corner.  I'm writing to cordially invite you all!

At 4:30 on Wednesday, January 25th, we'll meet outside of the Odd Fellows block, home to Back Cove Books and the Aaron Stephan light pole sculpture.
There's some street parking on the surrounding streets & if you catch the # 2 bus at the pulse station at 4:25, it looks like it'll drop you off very nearby at 4:34, which will be fine, we'll take a few minutes to wait for stragglers, and those taking the bus!

(do double check that- I don't take the bus often!)

From there we'll cross Forest Ave & walk down Deering Ave. Time permitting, we'll walk as far as the roundabout & return to the corner of Noyes St & Deering Ave, where we'll stop for hot spiced cider at a neighborhood front yard, provided by one of the neighbors who'll be joining us on the walk. There we'll discuss the walk, and adjourn between 5:30 & 6.

I hope to see some of you there!

Sincerely,

~Winston

Winston Lumpkins IV (he/him/his)

Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
https://www.portlandbikeped.org/

winston....@gmail.com
207-408-1508

Winston Lumpkins

Jan 23, 2023, 9:03:25 AM1/23/23
to City Council, Dena Libner, Kate Snyder, PB...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,
Don't forget the Deering Ave walk audit is on Wednesday!

It looks like it might begin snowing during the walk, but that it won't be snowing particularly heavily until afterwards.

Since it's a local event, I think we can go ahead with the Walk Audit!

I made a facebook event: https://fb.me/e/3fDlxD0Ym feel free to invite any neighborhood folks you happen to know, either by forwarding them this email, or via facebook!

At 4:30 on Wednesday, January 25th, we'll meet outside of the Odd Fellows block, home to Back Cove Books and the Aaron Stephan light pole sculpture.
There's some street parking on the surrounding streets & if you catch the # 2 bus at the pulse station at 4:25, it looks like it'll drop you off very nearby at 4:34, which will be fine, we'll take a few minutes to wait for stragglers, and those taking the bus!

(do double check that- I don't take the bus often!)

From there we'll cross Forest Ave & walk down Deering Ave. Time permitting, we'll walk as far as the roundabout & return to the corner of Noyes St & Deering Ave, where we'll stop for hot spiced cider at a neighborhood front yard, provided by one of the neighbors who'll be joining us on the walk. There we'll discuss the walk, and adjourn between 5:30 & 6.

Hope to see some of you there,

Have a safe snowy day,
~Winston

Winston Lumpkins IV (he/him/his)

Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
https://www.portlandbikeped.org/

winston....@gmail.com
207-408-1508

winston.lumpkins

Jan 23, 2023, 9:32:31 AM1/23/23
to Portland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
I want to just add a little context and supporting documents that I've compiled.  I'll try to print them out if my printer isn't on the fritz prior to the walk audit.

Friends of Woodford's Corner white paper on streetlights (shared with us by Kellie, thanks Kellie!)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17vrgKM20lgtOr_4-zontuZD5_NhexbpVZQw2PuuxPz8/edit

I was able to get a map of the planned streetlights in Woodford's corner, and some context to go with it.

Context:

"[these are] 'as-built' plans that show where electrical connections/junction boxes are located (the highlighted green areas) and conduit/wiring (red lines) were installed as part of the Woodfords Corner project a few years back. Also highlighted are 6 locations that were considered a few years ago as a possible Phase I if the lighting was needing to be done in phases.

The easterly side of Forest Avenue has utility poles where some cobra head lighting is located so the west side of Forest, without those poles and lighting, could be considered to have a higher need for standalone lighting."

The plans:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PMB6kPs5klvk2-j6fYLFVtdOAsfwzkzn/view?usp=sharing

John Russell

Jan 25, 2023, 12:08:52 PM1/25/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com, City Council, Dena Libner, Kate Snyder

On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 12:06 PM John Russell <jtrus...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,
I'm forwarding a few relevant photos of accidents that occurred at the Deering/Noyes intersection for context in this evening's walk audit. Some are from accidents that occurred last year.
Thanks
Todd Russell

On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 5:45 PM Winston Lumpkins <winston....@gmail.com> wrote:
IMG_2334.heic

John Russell

Jan 25, 2023, 12:09:19 PM1/25/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com, City Council, Dena Libner, Kate Snyder
On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 12:06 PM John Russell <jtrus...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,
I'm forwarding a few relevant photos of accidents that occurred at the Deering/Noyes intersection for context in this evening's walk audit. Some are from accidents that occurred last year.
Thanks
Todd Russell

On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 5:45 PM Winston Lumpkins <winston....@gmail.com> wrote:
Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 11.47.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 11.48.12 AM.png

Alexander Landry

Jan 25, 2023, 4:11:56 PM1/25/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com, City Council, Dena Libner, Kate Snyder
I’ll be going over on Metro, so will be there 4:33.
I was in Woodfords last night, and saw 646 Forest Ave with a completely unpassable sidewalk in front, and so was the automobile business next to it (which seems to front on the side street). Especially if we have official representation, perhaps we could acknowledge this.

John Russell

Jan 25, 2023, 9:13:09 PM1/25/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com, City Council, Dena Libner, Kate Snyder
Thanks to all who could make it!! We had a good showing and discussion.

Winston Lumpkins

Jan 25, 2023, 9:29:39 PM1/25/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Indeed- thanks for providing hot cider at the end- it was very helpful in warming me up before the journey home!
I'll share notes from the recordings & notes over the weekend- for now, here's the group photo from the beginning!

DSCF0248.JPG

Link for Digest folks: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mlr09TaARN4WxyWOsKh9SRZdDUiu3iGA/view?usp=sharing

~Winston

Winston Lumpkins IV (he/him/his)

Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
https://www.portlandbikeped.org/

winston....@gmail.com
207-408-1508

Winston Lumpkins

Feb 3, 2023, 6:29:42 PM2/3/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Hi Todd,
Do you know when & where the picture with the van was taken?
Thanks,
~Winston

Winston Lumpkins IV (he/him/his)

Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
https://www.portlandbikeped.org/

winston....@gmail.com
207-408-1508

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Portland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/PBPAC/CAOBH2rRLOniUoA3abDrOuOuc4KA6Y0ScDHrPa0mLZEdZHj2KxQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Todd Russell

Feb 5, 2023, 12:04:04 PM2/5/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the delay. I’m attaching the photo with the relevant data.
image0.jpeg
Sent from my iPhone