MeDOT virtual meetings

John Brooking

Mar 12, 2022, 12:30:18 PM3/12/22
to pb...@googlegroups.com, ws...@freelists.org
This page just came up as a sponsored ad in my Facebook feed, and includes information on their “family of plans”. Next week is a general overview, then the week after that focuses on the rail plan.

--
John Brooking
Cyclist, Cycling Educator, Technologist

Jim Tasse

Mar 15, 2022, 8:25:33 AM3/15/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com, ws...@freelists.org
All of the public meetings will include breakouts on ALL of the plans. The meetings begin with a general overview of the family of plans, and are followed by specific plan breakout discussions.  Participants can join up to two breakouts, or do the same breakout twice to keep the discussion going.

I'll be facilitating the active transportation plan breakout.

Here's the link to register for tonight's meeting.

Here's a link to the MaineDOT's Public Input site, at which you can make comments about what you see as needs etc.

https://my.mainedotpima.com/public/event-registration/search?project_id=14992&pe_guid=e008f6ac-7e8e-48bc-a554-f7f4ba40163a

PPBAC will also be contacted soon so that a representative of the group can join a stakeholder meeting consisting of bike/ped committees and community advocates to get the group's perspective on needs, priorities, etc.

Thanks

Jim

Director, Maine Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety Education Program
Past President, Greater Portland Chapter, New England Mountain Bike Association

Support better walking and biking in Maine, donate today!

winston.lumpkins

Mar 15, 2022, 11:15:46 AM3/15/22
to Portland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
Thanks Jim,

This is definitely something that folks should consider attending!
We probably should have discussed this at the meeting last night, definitely worth engaging with to be sure- all we ever do is complain about the DOT,  complaints should be married to action, ideally!

I'm excited to hear about a future stakeholder meeting, are there any current steps we should take to ensure that we get invited, and any clues to a timeline?

Thanks

~Winston

Winston Lumpkins

Mar 15, 2022, 3:44:33 PM3/15/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Will the following meetings be pretty similar to the one tonight?
Mostly I'm asking because I'm a little fried, and might be better served by attending the April meeting...
We can also perhaps push attending the June meeting at the bike to work day event...