March PBPAC meeting, Q&A with Dakota Hewlett on Safe Routes To School: Monday 3/13/2023 at 7PM

Winston Lumpkins

Mar 6, 2023, 12:14:45 PM3/6/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com

Hi Folks,

The next Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee meeting will be on Monday, March 13th at 7-8:30 PM.

This month we'll be joined from 7-7:30 by Dakota Hewlett, the Maine DOT's active transportation planner (AKA, bicycle & Pedestrian planner) who will talk about the opportunities for federal grant money which he can help municipalities apply for, including up to 4 million dollars available to the State of Maine for Safe Routes To School.

As usual, we'll be meeting over Zoom:

https://maine.zoom.us/j/82362843383

Agenda google document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10lXo21mPppoVzLO73863-ktG0DXhuDy_FFe4iRu_HgI/edit

Agenda:

Introductions & call to order (7:00-7:05)

  1. Approval of February Meeting Minutes (Link)

Reports

  1. Safe Routes To School: Funding, municipal opportunities

Presentation and Q&A with Dakota Hewett  (7:05-7:35)

  1. Report on GPCOG rapid transit update  (7:35-7:40)

Unfinished Business  (7:40-7:55)

  1. Safe Routes to School action: letter?
    Google Document SRTS

New business (7:55-8:30)

  1. Ludlow Street

Should we provide feedback? (requested by  Hannah R)
Original Ludlow thread

  1. FY24 Budget Discussion

  2. Portland PD/Fire’s interpretation of sidewalk use requirements
    Google group thread

  3. Adjourn

As always, let me know if there's anything else that should be on the Agenda- I'll be trying to keep things efficient this month so make space for a presentation, so if you've got something that should be a letter, come with a draft!

Stay warm out there,

~Winston

Winston Lumpkins IV (he/him/his)

Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
https://www.portlandbikeped.org/

winston....@gmail.com
207-408-1508

Winston Lumpkins

Mar 11, 2023, 6:53:01 PM3/11/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,
Our monthly meeting and the Q&A with Dakota Hewlett on Safe routes to school is this Monday, March 13th.

The day after tomorrow!

If you won't be able to make it, never fear, we'll be recording the meeting, and, feel free to email me any questions you have, I can make sure they get answered!

Thanks!
~Winston

Winston Lumpkins IV (he/him/his)

Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
https://www.portlandbikeped.org/

winston....@gmail.com
207-408-1508

Winston Lumpkins

Mar 11, 2023, 7:00:13 PM3/11/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com
For the Digest which doesn't show the previous email:

Recurring Monthly Zoom Link:
https://maine.zoom.us/j/82362843383

See folks on monday!

~Winston

Winston Lumpkins IV
(he/him/his)

Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
https://www.portlandbikeped.org/

winston....@gmail.com
207-408-1508

Zack Barowitz

Mar 13, 2023, 7:54:57 AM3/13/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com
For tonight’s meeting, I guess Bayside is looking at a new traffic pattern vis-à-vis the various new developments that are planned.

917-696-5649
ZacharyBarowitz.com

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and confidential,
and only intended for the addressee. Should you receive this message by
mistake, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Please inform
the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Scsmedia

Mar 13, 2023, 1:40:16 PM3/13/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Can you provide a refernce to this proposal?

Steven Scharf

al...@citymouse.us

Mar 13, 2023, 5:02:07 PM3/13/23
to pb...@googlegroups.com, PB...@googlegroups.com
I'm guessing this proposal by Port Property is the basis of what is being discussed, PDF attached. It's for 800+ new units of rental housing (201 'affordable'), a relatively small amount of retail space, other details on attachment.

I am not completely sure, but I believe that the 'woonerf' on Lancaster St, between Preble and Elm streets isn't seen as sufficient green and/or open space to be contributed to the neighborhood. Personally, I am a bit leery of the woonerf, as a to-be-built plan isn't provided; also, I can see how people would park their vehicles all over it, and the only enforcement would be by Portland's Parking Enforcement.
As well, there are long-standing issues with circulation in the neighborhood, which could connect or be solved by this development.

But I'll be at the meeting, and look forward to the discussion.
Alex

West Bayside Visioning 2023march.pdf

Zack Barowitz

Mar 13, 2023, 5:25:13 PM3/13/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com
VHB did a study that i browsed through. It seemed of negligible value as it basically describes existing conditions

Damon Yakovleff

Mar 13, 2023, 10:36:30 PM3/13/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone, good to see you this evening. Here are the meeting notes.

Draft PBPAC Minutes 3.13.23.pdf