Upcoming Portland-Auburn rail advisory Council meeting

Winston Lumpkins

Jul 26, 2022, 6:18:13 PM7/26/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Dear PBPAC members,
The Portland-Auburn Rail Use Advisory Council will be meeting this Thursday July 28th from 1-2:30 PM.

I know that the use of that corridor, whether it be for Rail service or a trail, or both for some portions, is important to many people on this list.

I'm unsure where the Council is in its deliberations, this meeting was brought to my attention by Representative Grayson Lookner, however, this Thursday is as good a time for public comment as any!

~Winston

Winston Lumpkins IV (he/him/his)

Vice Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
https://www.portlandbikeped.org/

winston....@gmail.com
207-408-1508

Stephen Houdlette

Jul 26, 2022, 8:10:41 PM7/26/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com
I'm not involved with this project professionally anymore, but did get to see some of the early work up close and I'll just add:

(1) The L/A community seemed pretty supportive
(2) There's not a lot of density in Maine outside of Portland, but this is one area where transit might make sense
(3) AFAIK, the last technical work done on it is here

George Rheault

Jul 26, 2022, 8:22:03 PM7/26/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Tony Donovan typically chimes in, but in case he doesn't, you can find a lot of info here:  Rail Use Advisory Council | MaineDOT

John Clark

Jul 26, 2022, 8:41:54 PM7/26/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Winston for sharing this to the group. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend, but I look forward to hearing updates.

I spoke to Rep. Lookner earlier this month about the rail corridor and am planning on giving him time for a presentation regarding it at our next meeting.

--
John Clark (he | him | his)
Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee

State Rep. Grayson Lookner

Jul 27, 2022, 4:20:13 PM7/27/22
to Portland Bicycle-Pedestrian Advisory Committee
Thanks Winston for bringing this to the PBAC.

It would be terrific if someone from the committee or who is involved could be on the call tomorrow to speak about how people who walk and ride bikes to work also love trains. That person might end up being me, but if anyone else wants to join, your voice would be greatly appreciated!

--
Grayson Lookner for State Rep
Twitter & IG: @LooknerFurther