Sign Blocked by Pole on Valley Street

Scsmedia

Aug 5, 2022, 11:02:35 AM8/5/22
to KTh...@portlandmaine.gov
Kevin

I noticed this sign for a crosswalk on Valley Street at C Street is blocked by the preexisting telephone pole. Can we have it moved so that it is useful. This is at the construction site and Valley Street roses up until you get to the intersection so you can not see if someone is trying to cross until it is to late. A stop sign (at least during construction) would make sense here.

Steven Scharf

John Clark

Aug 5, 2022, 11:25:45 AM8/5/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Oh hey, I see part of my house in this photo.

Thanks for passing this along to the city, Steven. I hadn't thought about suggesting a stop sign there during construction, but I think it's necessary because to actually see if peds are trying to cross, you basically do have to come to a stop.

John Clark (he | him | his)
Administrative and Marketing Assistant, Windham Parks & Recreation
Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee