New member, Kashyap Vasavada

Vasavada, Kashyap V

May 2, 2017, 10:57:26 AM5/2/17
to Online_Sa...@googlegroups.com

Dear Sri Tilak Krishna Das,

I hope, this is not a duplicate. Earlier, I just pressed the reply button. Most likely the mail did not go through.

Thank you for adding my name to your google group. Although all of my professional life, I have been a professor of physics, I am very much interested in Vedanta, consciousness and related philosophical ideas. In fact recently, I gave an invited talk at a New Delhi conference on Dec 9-10, 2016. I have written that talk up in the form of an article for a general audience.  I am taking liberty of attaching it here for people who were not at the conference but may be interested in such ideas. Comments and criticisms are most welcome. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Kashyap Vasavada

Recent article 1-2017.docx

Bruno Marchal

May 2, 2017, 3:13:02 PM5/2/17
to Online_Sa...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kashyap,

I read it with pleasure. Such view reflects also the web of number/machine dream in arithmetic on which I am working.
I am glad you feel dissatisfied by attempts to introduce a physical non locality, as in the Universal wave, such non locality is explained by first person (plural) notion.

I try to explain that if we assume mechanism (be it classical or quantum does not matter) then the physical appearances, including the universal wave, is the product of some statistics on the internal state that we can associate with the Church-Turing universal computations, as they are all emulated in a tiny portion of the arithmetical reality.

That is testable, as physics is reduced to the theology of the universal number, which belongs to the arithmetical reality (since Gödel, we know that the provable part, by finite entities like machines, is only a very partial views, whatever the point of view adopted. Is Shunyata the phenomenological quantum void, or the classical number zero? Is Brahman the universal wave or the arithmetical truth? The last one run deeper, despite they are conceptually simpler, they justify the appearances of the former.

Physicists are aware of the growing role of number theory in physics, but if we assume Mechanism, that could be justified in theoretical computer science (a branch of arithmetic, amazingly enough), and we may understand how the numbers makes consciousness losing itself in a labyrinth of dreams, capable of awakenings, and recognizance of Itself, from times to times.

It was a nice reading, and might make more precise comment later. You might better understand my comments if you read

And feel free to criticize, or ask any question, of course.

Best regards,

Bruno Marchal

Sincerely,
Kashyap Vasavada

--
----------------------------
Fifth International Conference

BHAKTI VEDANTA INSTITUTE Report Archives
http://bviscs.org/reports

Sponsorship and Donations for Vedanta and Science Dialogue: http://scienceandscientist.org/donate

Reply to Gustavo Caetano-Anollés: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19420889.2016.1160191

Why Biology is Beyond Physical Sciences?: http://dx.doi.org/10.5923/j.als.20160601.03

Life and consciousness – The Vedāntic view: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19420889.2015.1085138

Harmonizer: http://scienceandscientist.org/harmonizer

Bhakti Vedanta Institute of Spiritual Culture & Science
Princeton, NJ, USA: http://bviscs.org

Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Institute: http://scsiscs.org

Darwin Under Siege: http://scienceandscientist.org/Darwin

Sadhu-Sanga Blog: http://mahaprabhu.net/satsanga

Contact: http://scsiscs.org/contact
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sadhu-Sanga Under the holy association of Spd. B.M. Puri Maharaja, Ph.D." group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/Online_Sadhu_Sanga.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/Online_Sadhu_Sanga/41c70feec13e4e94bd56d8ab0133ff6b%40IN-CCI-EX03.ads.iu.edu.
<Recent article 1-2017.docx>

Rita Malik

May 9, 2017, 6:24:02 AM5/9/17
to Online_Sa...@googlegroups.com

Please help me to get the literature from where they are quoted
Dr Rita Malik
Delhi

--
[...]

IMG-20170509-WA0002.jpg