Re: AAAS-American Institute Physics Quantum Retrocaustion III -- Published

JACK SARFATTI

Jun 6, 2017, 9:35:29 PM6/6/17
to Online_Sa...@googlegroups.com

On Jun 6, 2017, at 5:34 PM, Daniel Sheehan <dshe...@sandiego.edu> wrote:

Good Evening Jack,

I hope this finds you well.

I'm pleased to report that our conference volume, Quantum Retrocausation
III, has been published by AIP.  You can access the volume through the
following link: http://aip.scitation.org/toc/apc/1841/1.  For a limited
time the volume will be available at a 35 percent discount on AIP's
Print-on-Demand site (ending June 30).

Additionally, hardcover volumes have been ordered for all conference
contributors and are currently in press.  You should receive your
complimentary copy by post (once you send me a serviceable mailing
address).

Thank you again for all your work that made this project possible.  I hope
our paths cross again soon!

All the Best,
Daniel

================

How to Order (no token necessary):

      1. Visit AIP's print-on-demand store http://printorders.aip.org/

      2. Click “Add to Cart”

      3. Enter coupon code <<MAY2017>> and click “Apply to Order” to
receive the discount

FreeMay 2017
AIP Conference Proceedings 1841, 040003 (2017); http://doi.org/10.1063/1.4982779
FreeMay 2017
AIP Conference Proceedings 1841, 020001 (2017); http://doi.org/10.1063/1.4982765

It has become increasingly apparent that a number of perplexing issues associated with the interpretation of quantum mechanics are more easily resolved once the notion of retrocausality is introduced. The aim here is to list and discuss various examples where a clear explanation has become available via this approach. In so doing, the intention is to highlight that this direction of research deserves more attention than it presently receives.

Newton’s mechanics in the 17th century increased the lethality of artillery. Thermodynamics in the 19th led to the steam-powered industrial revolution. Maxwell’s unification of electricity, magnetism and light gave us electrical power, the telegraph, radio and television. The discovery of quantum mechanics in the 20th century by Planck, Bohr, Einstein, Schrodinger, Heisenberg led to the creation of the atomic and hydrogen bombs as well as computer chips, the world-wide-web and Silicon Valley’s multibillion dollar corporations. The lesson is that breakthroughs in fundamental physics, both theoretical and experimental, have always led to profound technological wealth-creating industries and will continue to do so. There is now a new revolution brewing in quantum mechanics that can be divided into three periods. The first quantum revolution was from 1900 to about 1975. The second quantum information/computer revolution was from about 1975 to 2015. (The early part of this story is told by Kaiser in his book, How the Hippies Saved Physics, how a small group of Berkeley/San Francisco physicists triggered that second revolution.) The third quantum revolution is how an extension of quantum mechanics may lead to the understanding of consciousness as a natural physical phenomenon that can emerge in many material substrates, not only in our carbon-based biochemistry. In particular, this new post-quantum mechanics may lead to naturally conscious artificial intelligence in nano-electronic machines, as well as perhaps extending human life spans to hundreds of years and more.

FreeMay 2017
AIP Conference Proceedings 1841, 020007 (2017); http://doi.org/10.1063/1.4982771

In this paper we present a concept of quantum entanglement in time in a context of entangled consistent histories. These considerations are supported by presentation of necessary tools closely related to those acting on a space of spatial multipartite quantum states. We show that in similarity to monogamy of quantum entanglement in space, quantum entanglement in time is also endowed with this property for a particular history. Basing on these observations, we discuss further bounding of temporal correlations and derive analytically the Tsirelson bound implied by entangled histories for the Leggett-Garg inequalities.

AIP Conference Proceedings 1841, 030001 (2017); http://doi.org/10.1063/1.4982772

Thirty-three exploratory psi investigations were recently performed using Conscious State Psi and Dream State Psi protocols for photographic material that did not exist at the time of the psi sessions. Results would provide evidence for retrocausation if the future photographs had influenced the sessions’ data. The psi targets were Associated Press (AP) news photographs published in a Reading, PA area newspaper on a specific page three days in the future. These photographs were taken one day after the psi sessions. Following each psi session, and prior to the photograph’s existence, perceptions were recorded in project records and email transmitted for date validation. Feedback was provided when the photograph was published. There were two phases: Phase I was an informal investigation performed by the principle author to evaluate project feasibility. Phase II was a formal investigation with a colleague 1,000 miles from the principle author and the area newspaper location. All data were evaluated by direct comparison to the intended photographs using numerical assessment scales and noting unique features. Data from 21 of the 33 sessions (64%) yielded sketches and narratives with medium and high degrees of correlations with the future news photographs. A subsequent binary analysis using control photographs yielded p = 0.040. Visual informational content of these future newspaper photographs had interacted with the brain’s cognitive processes in a retrocausal sense. The future photographs affected the sessions’ data. A subconscious interaction between the future and the present or past may be an on-going feature of the mental and physical universe. Suggestions for follow-on investigations into retrocausation are provided.