January 2023 MLUG - Meeting Invatation

Roger M. Jenson

Jan 14, 2023, 1:42:20 PM1/14/23
to milwau...@googlegroups.com
Use the following link to join the January 2023 MLUG  virtual meeting.
https://meet.jit.si/WelcomeOppositionsNeedWeakly

Best Regards,
Roger M. Jenson

Glen Peterson

Jan 14, 2023, 11:00:28 PM1/14/23
to Milwau...@googlegroups.com
I tried booting the computer at home this evening, but it does not seem to be reaching even the bios stage. I did go to the HP website to get troubleshooting information, but it still will not boot. I think that I'll take it apart, remove the PS, RAM, and battery to "drain" anything therein, then put the RAM back in, the battery, etc., and see if it will boot. Using the F2, F10, and F12 keys, earlier, did not help. I'll let you know if I succeed.

G.P.

Roger M. Jenson

Jan 14, 2023, 11:24:37 PM1/14/23
to Milwau...@googlegroups.com

Hello Glen,

Start pressing and releasing the F10 key immediately after powering up the computer and continue until the BIOS setup displays or an error message is displayed. There is no need to take the computer apart. After al it booted to a login prompt during the MLUG meeting. Does it still boot to the login screen?

Have Fun,

Roger M. Jenson

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/MilwaukeeLUG/1302221104.882764.1673755225705%40mail.yahoo.com.