Turk-bee Bowl MMXXI

Enrique Wallace

Nov 23, 2021, 11:00:56 AM11/23/21
to Her Majesty's Ultimate of Orange
Gobble-gobble all!

There's a ancient poem that we say around this time of year:

"Turk-Bee Bowl" you say?
I do think that sounds real great!
Meet an hour past eight.

We missed it last year, but we can all be thankful the Turk-bee Bowl is back in 2021! Let's meet at 9 am between the softball fields at Orange's Hart Park to build our appetites & play several games of ultimate. We'll satiate our appetites for discsport and finish by noon so we can go fill on fancy foods!

Bring your friends, family, and any other turkeys you may know - see you on the Fields of Play!

Enrique Wallace, IV

Cristina Crouth

Nov 23, 2021, 12:01:38 PM11/23/21
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
Woot woot! I’ll be there! Also I am currently in the process of cleaning out my closets and have some Pinnies that I would love to sell to to someone who will get use out of them so if anyone wants some basically brand new Pinnies, holler!

-happy Thanksgiving!
Smiles

Sent from my iPhone

J. Søren Viuf

Nov 23, 2021, 12:48:54 PM11/23/21
to hmultimate
Was that William Wordsworth, Proxy?   Did you ever see the battle-rap style rebuttal?

"Leave your turkey home in brine,
Get your Seven on the Line,
Let the Hammers start a flyin',
Lo! The Turk-Bee Bowl starts at Nine."
                              - Samuel T. Coleridge, Musings on Her Majestie's Moste Curious Disck Crafft (1821)

Very Respectfully,
J. Søren Viuf

Laura Ximena

Nov 23, 2021, 6:02:11 PM11/23/21
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
I’ll be there 💪🏼

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Matthew Minegar

Nov 24, 2021, 12:38:46 PM11/24/21
to Her Majesty's Ultimate of Orange
These are some great ancient poems. Benjamin and I will be there. Looking forward to it!

MC

Allan Zhang

Nov 24, 2021, 1:59:06 PM11/24/21
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
In

Allan

Allan Zhang

Nov 24, 2021, 1:59:29 PM11/24/21
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com
In

Allan

ken

Nov 24, 2021, 6:58:52 PM11/24/21
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com

Mannix

Nov 24, 2021, 9:45:27 PM11/24/21
to Her Majesty's Ultimate of Orange
I'm IN

But it won't feel much like Thanksgiving weather tomorrow I'm afraid, looks like those blasted Santa Ana winds might be in town for the holiday. Sunny and 70s with some wind tomorrow is what is forecasted for the annual Turk-bee-Bowl, which reminds me of another rhyme of sorts -

Wind wind, go away, come again another day
Don't bother the Turk-bee Bowlers throws so much they have to pray
Why make us hassle with zone when all we want is deep shots, yay!
Just come again after we leave the Fields of Play!

Still looking forward to it though, see you out there, and Happy Thanksgiving to those that can't make it.

- Mannix

John Teague

Nov 25, 2021, 10:55:35 AM11/25/21
to HMUlt...@googlegroups.com

Enrique Wallace

Nov 25, 2021, 12:09:59 PM11/25/21
to Her Majesty's Ultimate of Orange
Some footballers are on our usual field at Hart Park, so we're headed up the hill to the football field

-Enrique Wallace via mobile device

Matthew Minegar

Nov 25, 2021, 12:38:10 PM11/25/21
to Her Majesty's Ultimate of Orange
I tackled them off the field. Same place!

MC

This conversation is locked