A small note on how the DHN members are having an impact in response to Ebola

Andrej Verity

Jun 22, 2015, 4:30:02 AM6/22/15
to DHNe...@googlegroups.com, Kristina Mackinnon, Roxanne Moore
Hi all,

I got an email from an UNMEER Information Management Officer who is wrapping up his time in West Africa.  He sent an email to several OCHA IMOs at the HQ level who have been supporting him to let us know he was moving on. But, what I noticed was his kind words for DHN.....and take a look at the OSM example he mentioned!

Also is highly remarkable  the support received by thousands of Digital Volunteers,  thru the Digital Humanitarian Network. As an example of the use of this, I provided training to the ambulances drivers who transport EVD probable cases,  on using OpenStreetMap in smartphones for navigation purposes.

Cheers,

Andrej

-----------------
Andrej Verity
Programme Officer (Information Management)
Field Information Services (FIS)
United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)

Mobile: +41-79-444-5046        Email: ver...@un.org
Skype:  andrejverity                LinkedIn: andrejverity                Twitter: andrejverity

www.humanitarianresponse.info   www.unocha.org   www.reliefweb.int   www.irinnews.org

Heather Leson

Jun 22, 2015, 4:33:34 AM6/22/15
to DHNe...@googlegroups.com, Kristina Mackinnon, Roxanne Moore
Andrej, thank you to you and all the DHN allies. I will share this with the wider HOT community.

They really have been so inspiring.

Best

heather

Heather Leson
heathe...@gmail.com
Twitter: HeatherLeson
Blog: textontechs.com

Renee Black

Jun 22, 2015, 4:40:26 AM6/22/15
to DHNe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrej, if there was supposed to be an email or document included, it didn't get through to me.

Renee Black, Executive Director

#210 - 128 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC, V6B 1G8
skype. reneeontheroad

Renee Black

Jun 22, 2015, 4:41:50 AM6/22/15
to DHNe...@googlegroups.com
Oh sorry - I misunderstood that the second para was the comments you were referring to. My mistake.

Renee Black, Executive Director

#210 - 128 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC, V6B 1G8
skype. reneeontheroad