Purchasing a Crow Box Kit

R. DeRoo

Jun 30, 2022, 2:30:14 PM6/30/22
to Crow Box Kit
I'm interested in purchasing a Crow Box Kit.  Can't find a site that has any.  All sold out.
Any for sale? Ordering sites?

Thanks much,
Richard

Josh Klein

Jun 30, 2022, 4:28:07 PM6/30/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
You can get the designs on www.thecrowbox.com, but we don’t sell premade kits, unfortunately. Anyone on this list willing to make one for Richard can contact him directly, of course!

- J

Backyardgardener, LLC

Jun 30, 2022, 9:22:14 PM6/30/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
Love to have one but I’m to lazy to make it.  It seems complicated.

Duncan

Carol Kasmiskie

Jun 30, 2022, 9:23:24 PM6/30/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
Im with you. Want one but way to complicated to make

Carol

Michael Kapp

Jun 30, 2022, 9:56:16 PM6/30/22
to Crow Box Kit
I am also interested in this project for what it is as well as making it.
I haven't made one yet because of the cost of the laser cutting. It does get cheaper for multiple orders if combined. (It was ~$140 for just the laser cutting for 1 kit. This doesn't include the cost of the other parts)

I am in the process of going down a path of trying to do a 3D printed version. I am still printing my first attempt.

I could do a bulk order (including 1 for myself), make, and ship these if there is enough interest. To be very clear, I haven't made one yet.

If any of you guys are interested please email me. I can figure out costs after I get a count. (I wouldn't charge too much more than the cost of parts and shipping)
hugo.a...@gmail.com>  (I can ship you the parts if you wanted to build yours)

Thanks,

Annette S.

Jul 1, 2022, 3:18:40 AM7/1/22
to Crow Box Kit
If you're in the UK, I'd be happy to quote to do the laser cutting components for you. :-)

edpsych42

Jul 1, 2022, 6:30:52 AM7/1/22
to Crow Box Kit
Hi there,
I had all the bits laser cut by Annette at Studio Winford (she’s posted some details in a previous post and has an Etsy store). Everything has worked out really well, except the cooperative crows at the moment😁. If you need any help sourcing other component in the uk let me know and i’ll let you know what my solutions are.
Ed

edpsych42

Jul 1, 2022, 6:33:05 AM7/1/22
to Crow Box Kit
I thought it was going to be really complicated, but it’s not. It’s very well designed and the instructional videos are really clear and helpful.
Go for it!
🙂👍
Ed

Ute Arnhold

Jul 1, 2022, 8:11:37 AM7/1/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com

I would be very interested in joining your bulk order and having you make and ship!  Please keep me posted. - Ute

sammi hodack

Jul 1, 2022, 8:37:48 AM7/1/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
I don't know how to jump in on this but I want one

Backyardgardener, LLC

Jul 1, 2022, 10:39:27 AM7/1/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
Three questions:
What is budget cost for all the parts?

What is the amount of labor to build the Crowbox?  I think I saw 40 hours

What is the assumed weight of the final product without the food and mounting material?

Carol Kasmiskie

Jul 1, 2022, 1:30:26 PM7/1/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
I am absolutely in on this!  Christmas gift for my son.

Carol

Michael Kapp

Jul 6, 2022, 5:40:45 PM7/6/22
to Crow Box Kit
Dun...,
I was hoping someone also would respond with an accurate and recent answer. Like I said, I am still going down this experimental 3D printed route.
From Ponoko, it was ~$145 for 1 order (Just the plexiglass). More money is saved by purchasing larger orders.

I have a lot of the electronics on hand so I haven't looked into recent costs, but they have gone up for sure.

I have seen people post about 13 - 30 Hour Build Time.

I am not able to speak to the weight.

I have seen many examples of people leaving the crowbox on the ground. I have seen several people mount on a fence as well.

Sorry I am not able to be more helpful. Hopefully others respond.
Thanks,
MK

sammi hodack

Jul 6, 2022, 9:25:22 PM7/6/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com

sammi hodack

Jul 6, 2022, 9:25:45 PM7/6/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com

Josh Klein

Jul 7, 2022, 6:15:56 AM7/7/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
Curious if anyone has used this kit - seems pretty minimal, but if she's managing component distribution could be interesting!

- J

sammi hodack

Jul 7, 2022, 7:18:52 AM7/7/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
She has people using them follow her on tiktok

Josh Klein

Jul 7, 2022, 10:48:54 AM7/7/22
to CrowB...@googlegroups.com
Hey, awesome! And she proposes an interesting strategy; making a "line" of cat food or peanuts mixed with coins leading up onto the box:

Has anyone tried this/verified it works?

- J