Brief QSO K1LKP on 7030

Andrew Moore

May 6, 2022, 7:27:56 PM5/6/22
to CFO
Hi Carmen - I enjoyed listening to your FB signal on 7030.7 tonight - Yes I know you were on there a long time and had to QRT, I totally understand... duty calls ;)

Forgive my poor sounding fist but I was eager to make the first contact on the Ten Tec Omni V that I got at NEAR-fest last Saturday. Tried RX briefly when I got it home but too busy to focus on it this week. So tonight I fired it up and found you on lower 40, RX sounds great but wanted to try TX.

The rig doesn't have an internal keyer so I hooked up the W9WBL V2L paddles and tried to use them sideways as a straight key. As if that wasn't bad enough (it's been 30 years since I used a straight key and it shows), the sidetone volume through the earphones was deafening. No idea how to dial it down. Time to RTFM.

Great hearing you.

73
Andrew NV1B
..

David McCarty

May 7, 2022, 12:16:13 AM5/7/22
to Chicken-Fat-Operators-Club CFO
Heh.  Determination wins again!

Dave K5GN

Cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, CLUCK! - CFO Lives!
Chicken Fat Operators at Google Groups
Post: Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com
Home: http://groups.google.com/group/Chicken-Fat-Operators-Club
Our ANCIENT Web Page: https://web.archive.org/web/20070602150935/http://home.aurora.edu/~bdillon/cfo/cfo.html

Our FACEBOOK Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chickenfatoperatorsclub
Subscribe: chicken-fat-operat...@googlegroups.com
CFO ROOSTER (Member List) http://tinyurl.com/cfocwclub
CFO Sked Page: http://n8fq.org/sked/mobile.php?board=cfo
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chicken Fat Operators Club - CFO" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/Chicken-Fat-Operators-Club/CABHQyrZDg4E6FwZ8bnE8_1EtcPJNBvuu08FTDSb%3De%3DHNE9sr9A%40mail.gmail.com.