Fwd: Museum Ships of the Air Event Reminder

CARMEN DROGO

Jun 2, 2022, 9:55:06 PM6/2/22
to Chicken-Fat-Operators-Club CFO

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Bill Mellema <n3wm+ya...@ccsend.com>
Date: 06/02/2022 5:00 PM
Subject: Museum Ships of the Air Event Reminder

Wisconsin Radio Club

June 2nd, 2022

USS Wisconsin Radio Club

Museum Ships of the Air Event Reminder
Greetings Wisconsin Radio Club Members,

This is just a reminder that we are participating in the Museum Ships On The Air event this weekend.

Saturday June 4th - 0900AM - 4PM (local time)
Sunday June 5th - 12 Noon - 4PM (local time)

This event is sponsored by The Battleship New Jersey Radio Station NJ2BB

The USS Wisconsin is Registered along with 86 other vessels nation wide as well as some in Europe.

There is a certificate available for those stations that work 15 vessels.

For all the details go to https://www.nj2bb.org/museum/

This is a fun event and not a competitive contest.

Parking:

Use the West Plume garage which is directly in front of the Wisconsin. Bring your parking stubs with you so they can be validated by Nauticus.

We have three operating positions: two ICOM 756PRO2's and the WWII TCS, so everyone should have a chance to put in some air time.

If you just want to come down to help out with the visitors that would be appreciated too.

Please let me know if you plan to operate or to help out with the visitors.

Feel free to contact me for any questions. I look forward to seeing you there!

Thank you all for your participation in our club. Your support is very important.

73's

Bill Mellema, N3WM
President, USS Wisconsin Radio Club, Inc.

John Cooper | 3738 SANDPIPER RD, 122, 3738 SANDPIPER RD, 122,
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23456-4369
Unsubscribe k1...@comcast.net
Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice
Sent by n3...@yahoo.com powered by
Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.

k8...@aol.com

Jun 2, 2022, 10:36:59 PM6/2/22
to Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com
Three good friends are/were Wisconsin club members. "Bus", K4IX, and Carey, KT4P are Silent Keys. Linda and I got to meet them both on a trip through the Norfolk area, 10 or 15 years ago.

While we were at Bus's place, he mentioned that he was hoping and praying to be strong enough to sing in his church choir on Easter. Sadly, he passed away about a week later.

I heard about Carey's passing a few years ago. I never heard the details.

The third is Ron, W8RJL. I just checked qrz and he now lives out in CA.

I miss them all.

Joe, K8MP

Cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, CLUCK! - CFO Lives!
Chicken Fat Operators at Google Groups
Post: Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com
Home: http://groups.google.com/group/Chicken-Fat-Operators-Club
Our ANCIENT Web Page: https://web.archive.org/web/20070602150935/http://home.aurora.edu/~bdillon/cfo/cfo.html

Our FACEBOOK Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/chickenfatoperatorsclub
Subscribe: chicken-fat-operat...@googlegroups.com
CFO ROOSTER (Member List) http://tinyurl.com/cfocwclub
CFO Sked Page: http://n8fq.org/sked/mobile.php?board=cfo
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chicken Fat Operators Club - CFO" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/Chicken-Fat-Operators-Club/1940674809.463985.1654221282305%40connect.xfinity.com.

CARMEN DROGO

Jun 3, 2022, 3:22:20 AM6/3/22
to Chicken Fat Operators Club - CFO
HI JOE,

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO ON BUS, CAREY & RON.

HERE IS SOME ADDITONAL INFO ON CAREY.

Ed KN4KL and N3WM - BILL -  plan to visit Carey Brown KT4P on Thursday morning.  Back in June 2000,
Carey was a founder of the USS Wisconsin Radio Club, and as such, is a “plank owner.”  We will be
presenting him with a frame certificate in appreciation of his support over the years

THE ABOVE INFO CAME FROM THE FOLLOWING CFO POST

MY LAST QSO WID CAREY WAS BACK IN MARCH OF 2018 AND IT WAS DURING THE VA QSO PARTY.

DURING OUR EXCHANGE OF INFO, CAREY TOLD ME HE WAS OPERATING FROM THE

ISLE OF WIGHT, VA. COUNTY.

ISLE OF WIGHT.jpg

I WAS NOT AWARE THAT CAREY WAS ONE OF THE FOUNDERS
OF THE USS WISCONSIN RADIO CLUB - N4WIS.

 I KNEW THAT BUS WAS ONE OF THE FOUNDERS.

IN JAN. OF 2002, BUS INFORMED ME THAT
I WAS INSTALLED AS AN "ASSOCIATE" MEMBER
OF N4WIS.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY OBITURARY INFORMATION
RELATING TO CAREY...... PLEASE POST IT.

73 ES THREE CHEERS FOR OLE CW PALS.