RE: CFO Ragchew Sched Info

Mike Lucas

Mar 27, 2020, 1:10:53 AM3/27/20
to Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com

Carmen, I’m just in the process of trying to get an HF antenna back up. Is there a regular CFO rag chew freq/time that the guys get together or a frequency that I should monitor that the guys regularly use?  Since I’m on the West Coast, probably 40 or maybe 20 meters are about all that’s open for cross country comms.

Regards,

Mike N7ASZ

CFO #88.

David Eisenberger

Mar 27, 2020, 11:00:50 AM3/27/20
to Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com
The “old” QRG was 3533/7033/14033 CFO calling QRG. SK Jim ricks used these.

Whenever I get on I am QRV those QRG’s

73

David F Eisenberger
Cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck, CLUCK! - CFO Lives!
Chicken Fat Operators at Google Groups
Post: Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com
Home: http://groups.google.com/group/Chicken-Fat-Operators-Club
Subscribe: chicken-fat-operat...@googlegroups.com
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chicken Fat Operators Club - CFO" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/Chicken-Fat-Operators-Club/002801d603f6%24118252c0%243486f840%24%40comcast.net.

CARMEN DROGO

Mar 27, 2020, 4:11:40 PM3/27/20
to Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com, Mike Lucas
HI MIKE,

GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU.

THREE CHEERS FOR DAVID - K8KEM
WHO HAS REPLIED.

I GUESS THE BEST WAY TO ANSWER
YOUR EMAIL IS WITH A

BOLO ANNOUNCEMENT...........

FOR

JOE - KF7CX  - CFO # 71
AND
WOLF - NN7CW - CFO # 1033

I HAVE HEARD THEM ON AT QRQ SPEEDS.

ALSO

ANOTHER

GROUP OF QRQ BLASTERS........

BOB - N1KW - CFO # 1027
STEVE - WF3T - CFO # 975
GENE - K9ZU - CFO # 1016
JOHN - K9VIS - CFO # 1028
BRYAN - W4DBV - CFO # 850

THESE FOLKS ARE USUALLY
ON 40 METERS AROUND 7.018
EVERY DAY AT 5 PM DST.

IF BAND CONDX ALLOW, I TRY
TO JOIN IN WITH THEM.

YOU WILL FIND THAT EVERYONE
IS USER FRIENDLY AND WILL
BE HAPPY TO HAVE YOU JOIN IN.

HERE IS THE LATEST LIST OF ACTIVE MEMBERS

TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF DURING THIS CORONA VIRUS SITUATION..

HOPE TO HEAR YOU REAL SOON ON THE BANDS.

CARMEN DROGO

Mar 27, 2020, 4:47:59 PM3/27/20
to Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com, Mike Lucas
HI MIKE,

IT ME........

I SHOULD MENTION, ON A WEEKLY BASIS THERE IS A GROUP
OF FOLK....... CW OPS..........

THIS IS THE LINK TO THEIR WEEKLY EVENT:

THIS IS FROM THE ABOVE PAGE:

CWops Tests, or CWTs, are 60 minutes in duration and held on Wednesday each week.
There are three events at times that favor different geographic areas on this same day. Everyone is welcome – you don’t have to be a CWops member to join the fun.

CWTs are a good opportunity to meet other CW fans who may be interested in CWops membership. Six bands are used – 10, 15, 20, 40, 80 and 160m.

Suggested frequencies are from 28 to 45 kHz from the band edges.

However, this range should not be considered a limit when activity is such that participants find it necessary to spread further. Please be considerate of ongoing QSOs and mindful of ongoing or imminent DXpedition operations., W1AW transmissions, etc.

Please slow down when called at a slower speed – we want everyone to feel welcome.

YOU COULD CALL THE WEEKLY CWT EVENT
CONTROLLED CHAOS ...... hihihi....

MIKE, I TURN 76 NEXT MONTH AND THE WEEKLY CWT
EVENTS ARE HELPFUL IN CLEARING OUT THE COBWEBS.

USUALLY YOU FIND THE FOLLOWING CFO FOLKS ON
THE weekly CWT EVENT:

MIKE - N8DNA - CFO # 902
JOE - K8MP - CFO # 1011
CHAS - K3WW - CFO # 293
TOM - K5AX - CFO # 205

AND
JIM - N3JT - CFO # 523
JIM WAS ONE OF THE FOUNDERS
OF THE CWO OPS GROUP.

Mike Lucas

Mar 27, 2020, 5:42:14 PM3/27/20
to CARMEN DROGO, Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com

Thanks all for the replies! Will take a listen & see who I can hear from out West (Seattle)

Another question for everyone. I can’t find my old trusty Heathkit CW keyboard & my W9TO keyer is long gone so what is everyone using these days for a CW keyboard?  It looks like there are several PC programs that are out there as well as USB interfaces between the PC & transceiver. Thought I’d ask the “Pros” for some recommendations.  What are you guys using?

I did the power supply & other updates on my TS-940S which really worked out nice so will use that for now. It still is a nice vintage transceiver.

Thanks fellas!

Mike N7ASZ

CFO #88

image001.jpg
image002.jpg

Douglas Crittendon

Mar 27, 2020, 5:44:25 PM3/27/20
to Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com
Good to hear from you and know there are some of the old 'flock' looking to chat.
Steve WF3T, Bryan W4DBV, Bob N1KW and I NJ1T  meet (like clockwork)
80 meters on 3.518 exactly at 7:00 AM
40 meters on 7.018 exactly at 5:00 PM
Local eastern time.
We all chat QRQ at 50 WPM but all are welcome to jump in and say Hello, happy
to know anyone is listening to the mail.
Most days with just the four of us it is usually 30 minutes long but that depends on
conditions and who can stay longer (and still hear each other) ;-)
.... 73 es CW for EVER!!
buc buc bawwwwk   de NJ1T

**Precious Faith by Knowledge of Jesus**

Douglas Crittendon

Mar 27, 2020, 5:45:47 PM3/27/20
to Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com
Oh Right .... My CFO scratcher number is #406

**Precious Faith by Knowledge of Jesus**

CARMEN DROGO

Mar 27, 2020, 5:56:01 PM3/27/20
to Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com, Douglas Crittendon

Douglas Crittendon

Mar 27, 2020, 5:57:19 PM3/27/20
to Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com
""Pros""" hahahahaa .... There is a 'reason' for  calling us the CFO but we Do take CW seriously.
I'm NJ1T CFO #406 .. My set up(s) for CW are ... First a program written by Steve, WF3T called
TCommS4 .. free download from Sorceforge ... connected to a K3NG keyer built by bob N1KW .. he
builds a great 'touch paddle' excellent for those who can still move their fingers at QRQ speeds
(like Bob) ..
So for rag chewing it's just TCommS4-to-K3NG Keyer-to Icom 718 to Alpha 76A to 80 meter full size
Vee fed with Dentron tuner and 450 ohm Ladder line.
** I should mention that the K3NG keyer can stand alone using a PS2 Keyboard .. but I most often
use a wireless keyboard for all PC work including Ham Radio stuff.
..Even though I am a little pistol station I am able to work stations in Washington and California
On 40 and 20
73 and CW
Doug NJ1T

For Contests I use Winkey USB interface to the rig
and N1MM contest software.

**Precious Faith by Knowledge of Jesus**

D.J.J. Ring, Jr.

Mar 27, 2020, 7:30:06 PM3/27/20
to Chicken-Fat-O...@googlegroups.com
Watch out for Doug in any type of CW activity, he does something that is stupifying: he catches right as bats left, no that's not it. He sends left and copies right.

Those ambidextrous CW operators always amaze me.

I can't copy and talk nevermind do what our friend DC does.

A big CFO salute to DC NJ1T.

His secret is (ahhh...) ladder line!

73

DR