Otisco paddle Saturday

Peg Warrick

Jul 2, 2021, 9:52:51 AM7/2/21
to ADK-GVC Waterways, Don Socha, Peg Warrick
Saturday we’ll be paddling Otisco Lake in Don’s PTLF quest.  It is one of the smaller Fingerlakes so we’ll cover the whole late.  It is about a 13.5 mile paddle without any need to shuttle (yay). We can start and end at the same point. It is a bit on the longer side and with the drive will take almost all day.

In the past Otisco Lake has had hardly any boats.  They have added a DEC launch would can add boats, but with the cooler weather and possible rain we’re optimistic traffic will still be low.

We will plan to stop and eat lunch along the paddle. It looks like there are a few good spots. Bring a lunch, snacks, water, PFD and extra clothing just in case.  You should be an experienced kayaker with self-rescue ability and capable of paddling at least 3 mph for sustained periods.

We will follow COVID recommendations at all times, including wearing a mask on land and when not able to be 6 ft apart, if anyone is not vaccinated.

We will meet at the Bushnell Basin Park and Ride on 490 @ 7am to consolidate cars and caravan to the starting point.

Please Don or Peg with your intent to participate or any questions.

Charlie Helman

Jul 2, 2021, 10:19:20 AM7/2/21
to warri...@gmail.com, ADK-GVC Waterways, Don Socha
Sorry we will still be in lake George.

Have fun!

Ellen Prill

Jul 2, 2021, 11:34:29 AM7/2/21
to chazh...@gmail.com, ADK-GVC Waterways, Don Socha, warri...@gmail.com
OMGOODNESS. I will be camping nearby in Moravia with my boat. What time do you plan to be at the launch? 9? Ellen P