2600 meetings

ad...@reviews.wox.org

Apr 2, 2020, 7:04:13 PM4/2/20
to 2600 Australia
I know this may seem obvious -
We are computer engineers more or less. At the bleeding edge
of technology.

Why don't we rig up some sort of 2600 live stream/conference
call sorta dealio ?

Least amount of effort:
That facebook live nonsence - has live replies
or youtube Live - which has live chat
discord also has their live stream (if you are special and
got the upgrade) or normal multiuser voice chat

Slight amount of effort:
twitch running one of those multi stream thingies - also has
live chat

Moderate amount of effort:
the regular ruxcon and security conference speakers could
hook up with some pod casters, and have a semi-live
discussion backed up with reddit etc Q&A

Thoughts?

--
New and improved 2600... well..
..we drew on some flames and

Loom

Apr 2, 2020, 9:58:57 PM4/2/20
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
The Melbourne 2600 group on Facebook have done exactly this.  Reshaping the post here.

———————————
EVENT DESCRIPTION

Today from 17:30-21:00

It's up to all of us to slow the spread of COVID-19. Everyone, including young and healthy people, should avoid large gatherings during this time. Stay up to date with public health guidelines from australia.gov.au.

———————————

Hey Everyone,
Even through we can't go out to a pub to catch up for our monthly meetup.
We have created a Discord channel that we can using during this time. We have setup multiple chat and voice channels that everyone can join in on. So please feel free to join us.

Discord: https://discord.gg/VJSTGE

———————————

Loom

Sid E

Apr 3, 2020, 12:23:04 AM4/3/20
to 2600-australia

Discord link doesn't work

Remember you gotta join Meetup or Facebook to be part of 2600 Melbourne now too.

Comply with the organizers or BTFO

Jennifer Camilleri

Apr 3, 2020, 1:25:40 AM4/3/20
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
The link was working yesterday as we had multiple people join in already.
I will regenerate it again.

Jennifer Camilleri

Apr 3, 2020, 1:29:33 AM4/3/20
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Link is updated.
For anyone here who would be interested to jump in.

https://discord.gg/xsH6pse

Steve Ford

Apr 3, 2020, 5:36:12 AM4/3/20
to 2600 Australia
Hey the Discord link does not work anymore can some one repost the new one thank you

Jennifer Camilleri

Apr 3, 2020, 5:43:56 AM4/3/20
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Hey Steve,

Give this link a try: https://discord.gg/Kq9FtZ8

ad...@reviews.wox.org

Apr 3, 2020, 8:17:27 PM4/3/20
to 2600-au...@googlegroups.com
Ok sweet.
Sorted then :)

Anyone there have the discord upgrade that lets them camera livestream too?   Tho really do we want to see guys sitting in their boxers talking about wingates...

:P