Issue 1624 in zxing: barcode scanner app crashes on Elsse 4.3" tablet on start

zx...@googlecode.com

Feb 26, 2013, 1:48:39 PM2/26/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----

New issue 1624 by gscho...@gmail.com: barcode scanner app crashes on Elsse
4.3" tablet on start
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1624

IMPORTANT: Please don't ask questions by filing bugs. Instead, send an
email to zx...@googlegroups.com.

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. start app
2. wait .5 seconds
3. get "Barcode Reader has stopped" message

I expect to see a preview window where I center my barcode and scan.
Instead, I see the camera preview for a moment, then receive the crash
message.

Barcode Scanner Version: 4.3.1
Android Version: 4.0.4
Kernel Version: 3.0.8+

The Error Log contains the following relevant lines:

E/V4L2CameraDevice( 86): v412setCaptureParams failed!
E/V4L2CameraDevice( 86): v412setCaptureParams failed!
E/AndroidRuntime( 2283): FATAL EXCEPTION: Thread-202
E/AndroidRuntime( 2283): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Crop rectangle
does not fit within image data.
E/AndroidRuntime( 2283): at com.google.zxing.m.<init>(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2283): at
com.google.zxing.client.android.camera.e.a(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2283): at
com.google.zxing.client.android.h.handleMessage(Unknown Source)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2283): at
android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2283): at android.od.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2283): at
com.google.zxing.client.android.1.run(Unknown Source)

issue notifications to this address.

zx...@googlecode.com

Feb 26, 2013, 2:50:28 PM2/26/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 1624 by srowen: barcode scanner app crashes on Elsse
This means the device's camera driver has a bug. It's not returning data of
the right size. You can see errors from its driver above. This is not
unusual for off-brand devices

Maciek Kędziora

Jun 28, 2017, 4:43:19 AM6/28/17
to zxing, codesite...@google.com, zx...@googlecode.com
"This is not unusual for off-brand devices "

The same problem on Samsung galaxy s6