Re: MSI barcodes not supported?

Bas Vijfwinkel

Dec 27, 2012, 4:02:42 AM12/27/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Looks like a pretty straightforward protocol definition.

Do you urgently need the implementation or can I try to add them within the upcoming weeks?
Do you only need the decoder or do you also want to generate them?

On Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:41:21 AM UTC+9, Ruben Vanhoeyveld wrote:
Is it possible to implement MSI barcodes?

Ruben Vanhoeyveld

Dec 27, 2012, 9:38:50 AM12/27/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I need it quite urgently, actually... I only need to decode them.. Thank you in advance.

Bas Vijfwinkel

Jan 8, 2013, 2:02:58 AM1/8/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ruben,

I added a test for decoding MSI barcodes to the Actionscript port of Zxing I help to maintain.
The encoder was pretty straightforward but the decoder took a bit more time than expected.

Before converting it back to Java (for the ZXing core library), I was wondering if you could maybe provide some real MSI barcode examples/pictures/screenshots.
I only have generated MSI barcodes but to test the decoding algorithm it would be great to have some real pictures of MSI barcodes.
If those don't generate too much false positives then I'll convert the MSI decoder to Java and if it passes all tests it hopefully will be added to the
application soon.
I currently don't have an Android phone so I am a bit dependent on some of the other zxing contributors to update the Android application.
I can send you a simple Actionscript version that works with a webcam and (if I remember correctly) it can be used straight in a browser (no webserver needed).

Best regards,

Bas

zxingnet

Jan 16, 2013, 5:01:52 PM1/16/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I implemented a MSIReader and MSIWriter.
I added some black box tests, too.
It works very well vor me. My tests doesn't produce false positives for the other decoders.
I attached a archive with a patch file against the current trunk.
The full modified files are included, too.
What is missing: I only implemented the Luhn Mod10 checksum algorithm (the most common one). Mod 11, Mod 1010, Mod 1110 are not supported.

Michael
MSIReaderWriter-patch.zip

zxingnet

May 21, 2013, 4:01:59 PM5/21/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
The patch is against trunk from Jan 16.
I didn't try it with the current release.

On Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:31:41 AM UTC+2, Valentin Taleb wrote:
Hi,

With which version of Zxing does your patch work? Did you try it with the last version (Zxing 2.2 published the 15 may 2013)?

Thank you

Valentin Taleb

May 23, 2013, 11:26:05 AM5/23/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Thank you,

I'll try this :)

Valentin Taleb

May 27, 2013, 10:21:43 AM5/27/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I integrated your patch in my project (with the release of ZXing from Jan 16). Unfortunately I can't make it work: The scanner doesn't want to scan my barcode. Can you assure me that with your patch, you are able to scan barcode like this one: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw3rnSSR_aHac3ZIWlVUQ1poYXc/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you in advance

zxingnet

May 27, 2013, 4:03:13 PM5/27/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
It doesn't look like a MSI barcode. I created a MSI barcode from the value of your version.
It looks very different. Are you sure that your sample is MSI?
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0RZCUDMjHhnZ0hybEg5cXVfdDA/edit?usp=sharing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSI_Barcode

Valentin Taleb

May 29, 2013, 3:46:25 AM5/29/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, you are right. After doing some research it seems that this barcode is not a MSI like I thought.

Rajesh Rayala

Dec 28, 2016, 5:30:42 AM12/28/16
to zxing

Is this fix integrated in the Zxing framework ?

Sean Owen

Dec 29, 2016, 4:43:40 PM12/29/16
to zxing
(Fix for what? looks like the outcome was that it's not a valid barcode)

Avery Pfeiffer

Apr 6, 2017, 4:21:29 PM4/6/17
to zxing
On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 3:43:40 PM UTC-6, Sean Owen wrote:
> (Fix for what? looks like the outcome was that it's not a valid barcode)

Does this patch work with the latest version on android (I think it is 2.2 currently). I am about to try it myself, but if anyone has any experience with it, it'd be great to know