YAD 0.27.0 is out

Victor Ananjevsky

Aug 1, 2014, 5:29:14 AM8/1/14
to yad-c...@googlegroups.com

YAD 0.27.0 released

New in this release:
- add --hidden option to notification icon
- add --tooltip-column option to list dialog
- add --gtkrc option
- fix detection of expandind columns in list dialog
- fix markup handling
- add YAD_XID variable for dialogs children
- code cleanup for remove deprecated api

Download - http://sourceforge.net/projects/yad-dialog/files/yad-0.27.0.tar.xz/download

--
Victor Ananjevsky <anan...@gmail.com>

Glutanimate

Aug 21, 2014, 11:50:14 AM8/21/14
to yad-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for the new release and the continuous support, Victor. Quite a lot of very nifty options in this new version. I think I noticed a small issue, though. It looks like the text alignment in form dialogs isn't working properly at the moment. Take this sample script for instance:

#!/bin/bash

TEXT_MAIN_DESCRP="Empty fields will delete the associated metadata. However, modifications performed by exiftool are reversible."
WIDTH="800"

yad --form --width="$WIDTH" --field="$TEXT_MAIN_DESCRP":LBL ""

Before the recent update the description label would extend over the full width of the window. Now it looks like this:

I would have posted this on the issue tracker but I am not quite sure if I am missing an option here. Setting --text-align to different modes didn't work, at least.

 Thanks for reading this!

 Cheers

-- Glutanimate

Glutanimate

Aug 21, 2014, 12:02:47 PM8/21/14
to yad-c...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to attach screenshot of how the dialog looked on yad 0.23.x:

One thing to note is that I like the border margin spacing introduced with the new update. The text labels were way too close to the window border in yad 0.23.x and before in my opinion.

Victor Ananjevsky

Aug 21, 2014, 1:50:05 PM8/21/14
to yad-c...@googlegroups.com
hi

yes, i know this. labels in form must works well if yad builds with gtk3, but gtk2 has a
very stupid behavior for labels resizing. a workaround which i use for common dialog text
breaks out the form layout, when multiply columns of fields is used. so i temporary
disable this, while i'll find a more robust way for handling resize events

sorry for inconvenience, possibly i have to describe this in release notes