OT: inspirational destruction

adrian wyer

Feb 14, 2011, 9:10:06 AM2/14/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

http://brandonriza.com/3DVisualEffects/HTML/StarWarsTheOldRepublic--RandD.htm

Brandon is at blur, and makes things go boom…..with style!

check out the rest of his excellent breakdowns, too

Adrian Wyer
Fluid Pictures
75-77 Margaret St.
London
W1W 8SY
++44(0) 207 850 0829
adria...@fluid-pictures.com
www.fluid-pictures.com

Fluid Pictures Limited is registered in England and Wales.
Company number:5657815
VAT number: 872 6893 71

Pete Edmunds

Feb 14, 2011, 10:15:15 AM2/14/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
the whole VFX section of the site is chock full of explosive destructive goodies
http://brandonriza.com/3DVisualEffects/HTML/3DVisualEffects.htm

Ben Houston

Feb 14, 2011, 10:20:08 AM2/14/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I believe they are done by RayFire, a MAXscript based tool for (of
course) 3DS Max. I've heard good things about this tool:

http://rayfirestudios.com/

-ben

--
Best regards,
Ben Houston

Sebastian Kowalski

Feb 14, 2011, 11:03:07 AM2/14/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
nice, brandon must have patience like an elephant..
makes me wonder how far we could get with ice and momentum in this type of simulation.

Steven Caron

Feb 14, 2011, 1:57:01 PM2/14/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

adrian wyer

Feb 15, 2011, 5:29:34 AM2/15/11
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

I bet he donates 50% of his income to sick children, and helps old ladies across the road too!!

Actually his photography was how I found his site…… amazing images!