ice: find most commonly occurring item in array

Jules Stevenson

Mar 3, 2013, 4:41:26 AM3/3/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Hi list,

I need to find the most commonly occurring item in an integer array, but without using a repeat....

I'm not entirely sure it's possible but if anyone has any thoughts it would be very much appreciated.

Jules

Vincent Ullmann

Mar 3, 2013, 7:33:03 AM3/3/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Seems to be more complicated, than expected...
here is a try (using the Generate-Sample-Set-Trick again)

Vincent
Result_oneWithEpsilon.jpg
Result_sharp_multi.jpg
find most commonly occurring item in array.xsicompound

Stephen Blair

Mar 3, 2013, 7:35:51 AM3/3/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
This gives the number of occurrences for each array element, so from
that you should be able to figure out which one occurs the most...
http://screencast.com/t/Foql8llxT

Julian

Mar 3, 2013, 11:00:02 AM3/3/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Here's a way without generate sample set or repeats. I think it works OK
but doesn't cater for scenarios where you have two elements that have
the same number of occurrences. In that instance it takes the integer
with the highest value. In essence it looks for the largest 'distance'
between the sub indices of the points where your sorted array changes
value.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/69741069/jules.rar
jules.gif

Greg Punchatz

Mar 3, 2013, 11:08:27 AM3/3/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I just bought a new computer and I am trying to install my Softimage suites
(wont call it a maya suite). I must have used up too many installs, but even
after uninstalling from my old machine I can't use my serial number.

So I was wondering, can I use a usb network device like a dongle so I can
avoid this mess?

I also want to do this with Nuke, but was told when I purchased it that it
was not recommended or supported. That sounds like that it would work but
they just don't like the idea of you being able to take your nuke with you
to work. If I buy something I should be able to use it where ever I like :)

I use a USB device for other software and it seems to work fine... although
just my luck my new computer does not like my USB thingy and I will end up
having to get all those licenses transferred any way to a new device.

I was wondering the same about Exocortex stuff as well? I have Momentum 2 (I
need to upgrade that) and Species and would love to be able to take those to
work if needed. I find if I bring updated software into work it forces the
company to upgrade to stay current with me :)

Greg

Stephen Blair

Mar 3, 2013, 11:16:42 AM3/3/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
To me, node-locked is a standalone license, so the answer is No.

If you mean a network license, which is tied an Ethernet ID, then Yes is
possible.
After Autodesk acquired Softimage, there were some people did use a USB
nework adapter as a "dongle" for network licenses.

If you do have a Standalone license, then you can use the LTU to
transfer the Standalone license between machines.

Jules Stevenson

Mar 4, 2013, 4:15:35 AM3/4/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Thank you all, this is all gold. It was a toughie too, my brain ran out of space trying to sort it...

Vincent Ullmann

Mar 3, 2013, 7:30:56 AM3/3/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Am 03.03.2013 10:41, schrieb Jules Stevenson:

Result_oneWithEpsilon.jpg
Result_sharp_multi.jpg
compound.jpg
find most commonly occurring item in array.xsicompound