Release the Kraken! v1.0

Eric Thivierge

Aug 11, 2015, 1:40:29 PM8/11/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com, Philip Taylor, Paul Doyle

Hey everybody,

I'd like to announce the first release of Kraken, an open source cross DCC rigging framework. The framework of built using Python and Fabric Engine's KL language. The system is targeted towards Rigging TDs with a solid knowledge of Python programming concepts. This framework allows for creating custom components and procedural rig builds for quickly prototyping and iterating on your assets.

It's been a 2 year endeavor between Phil Taylor and myself. We're really happy with the features we've put in and look forward to continuing to push new features moving forward.

I'm currently at Siggraph but will be making tutorial videos in the coming weeks to help people get up and running.
For those of you feeling adventurous, you can dig in by getting more information at our Github page here:
http://fabric-engine.github.io/Kraken/

And clone the repo from Github here:
https://github.com/fabric-engine/Kraken/

A big thanks goes out to Hybride Technologies and Fabric Engine without whom this collaboration would not have been possible. Also a shot out to Steve Caron, Sylvain Berger, Jentzen Mooney, and Phil Taylor for getting the PyQtForSoftimage going for PySide.

Thanks,
Eric Thivierge

Cristiano Policarpo

Aug 11, 2015, 2:01:11 PM8/11/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Thank you!

Cristiano Policarpo, Director
+55 37 3215-5596

BaloOm Animation Studios | www.baloom.co
PoustEx Short Film | www.poustex.com

BaloOm Animation Studios

Doeke Wartena

Aug 11, 2015, 6:35:56 PM8/11/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Nice name for a rigging framework :)

Miquel Campos

Aug 11, 2015, 7:07:18 PM8/11/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Congrats Eric and Phil!!!!! :)

Miquel Campos

Jeremie Passerin

Aug 11, 2015, 10:03:04 PM8/11/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Congrats guys!
Nice work and nice presentation.

Oscar Juarez

Aug 12, 2015, 4:06:32 AM8/12/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Congrats! Looking forward to test it!

Mirko Jankovic

Aug 12, 2015, 7:50:46 AM8/12/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
and looking forward to test some of test rigs made by it :)

Andres Stephens

Aug 12, 2015, 9:26:05 AM8/12/15
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Monumental!