arrays yet again

Ponthieux, Joseph G. (LARC-E1A)[LITES]

Sep 5, 2013, 6:51:24 PM9/5/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Howdy,

I want to build a 100 index array in ICE that looks like

0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,00,1,1 etc

I’m guessing that this is doable, but I’m stumped.

--

Joey Ponthieux

LaRC Information Technology Enhanced Services (LITES)

Mymic Technical Services

NASA Langley Research Center

Opinions stated here-in are strictly those of the author and do not

represent the opinions of NASA or any other party.

Ponthieux, Joseph G. (LARC-E1A)[LITES]

Sep 5, 2013, 7:06:07 PM9/5/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

OR….

An array that looks like

0,1,4,5,8,9,12,13,16,17,20,21,etc

would also do…

Thanks

--

Joey Ponthieux

LaRC Information Technology Enhanced Services (LITES)

Mymic Technical Services

NASA Langley Research Center

Opinions stated here-in are strictly those of the author and do not

represent the opinions of NASA or any other party.

Grahame Fuller

Sep 5, 2013, 7:40:20 PM9/5/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
For the first case, here's one way:

Build an index array of the size you want, and modulo the result by 4.

Build an array [0,0,1,1].

Use the result of the modulo to select a value from this array.

gray

David Barosin

Sep 5, 2013, 7:44:12 PM9/5/13
to xsi
Where are the values coming from?   You could convert a string to an array (String to Array Node)
Or use a (build array from constant node) and replace the values with whatever method you need (modulo etc...)

Daniel Brassard

Sep 5, 2013, 10:13:20 PM9/5/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
The other array is also a modulo, this time devided by 2 to select between two values in an array {1,3} and add to the previous number in the main array like so, starting at zero, previous plus one, previous plus three, previous plus one, previous plus three and so on.

Matt Lind

Sep 5, 2013, 11:02:22 PM9/5/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

I’m not sure if this is easy in ICE, but in coding you could build that pattern very easily with a truth table and an XOR operator.

Matt

Christian Freisleder

Sep 6, 2013, 5:18:38 AM9/6/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Fun with arrays ;)

for the 00110011 case

Simon Reeves

Sep 6, 2013, 5:26:17 AM9/6/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I love arrays

Simon Reeves
VFX Artist
London, UK

On 6 Sep 2013, at 10:19, Christian Freisleder <m...@buntepixel.eu> wrote:

Fun with arrays ;)

for the 00110011 case

Christian Freisleder

Sep 6, 2013, 5:27:18 AM9/6/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
arggg,
you need to reverse the array at the end, or make it 102 and remove the first 2 entries if you want them to start with 2 zeros.
sorry.

Christian Freisleder

Sep 6, 2013, 5:50:29 AM9/6/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
forget about the reversing array, it was correct like in the picture

this would be the 2nd case, but there might be an more elegant way.

Ponthieux, Joseph G. (LARC-E1A)[LITES]

Ponthieux, Joseph G. (LARC-E1A)[LITES]

Sep 6, 2013, 9:56:04 AM9/6/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Christian,

These are terrific! Thanks

--

Joey Ponthieux

LaRC Information Technology Enhanced Services (LITES)

Mymic Technical Services

NASA Langley Research Center

Opinions stated here-in are strictly those of the author and do not

represent the opinions of NASA or any other party.

Xavier

Sep 10, 2013, 9:06:15 AM9/10/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

"""I could make this array in my sleep with Perl. But….this is not Perl…."""

Is that anywhere close to a sweet dream?

Alok Gandhi

Sep 10, 2013, 10:54:22 AM9/10/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
If you can work out array logics in your dreams then yes, it is indeed a sweet dream !

Sent from my iPhone