Particle clone counter

Gustavo Eggert Boehs

Dec 19, 2013, 11:16:59 AM12/19/13
to SI mailing list
Hello wonderful list!

Do any of you know of the existense of an attribute (or hidden attribute) that holds a counter for clones generated with the clone particle node?

The use of it would be to be able to offset each of the clones along a vector, so they are not placed on top of each other.

Thanks for any help!
Gustavo E Boehs
Dpto. de Expressão Gráfica | Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina | http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

gareth bell

Dec 19, 2013, 11:20:08 AM12/19/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I think you can get the "parent" point's position and then use those coordinates to offset the clone

Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 14:16:59 -0200
Subject: Particle clone counter
From: gust...@gmail.com
To: soft...@listproc.autodesk.com

Gustavo Eggert Boehs

Dec 19, 2013, 11:25:08 AM12/19/13
to SI mailing list
Hi Gareth, that is what I am doing, and for 1 clone that is alright. But I want to have many clones and dont want to resort to randomize like the spawn compounds do.
So I would need a PER CLONE offset... at least that was my initial thought...