PyQtForSoftimage and PyQt 4.10.x

Steven Caron

Jul 9, 2013, 2:48:59 PM7/9/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
hey everyone

has anyone tried version 4.10.x of PyQt with the plugin? i can't seem to get it to work and was wondering if it was just my environment. i was able to get 4.9.4 to work though...

if it doesn't work for people, i will need to investigate why.

thanks
steven

Raffaele Fragapane

Jul 9, 2013, 7:31:09 PM7/9/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
AFAIK 4.10 was the first one using Qt5.0, 4.9.x uses what, 4.8?
That might be making the difference.
--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it and let them flee like the dogs they are!

Steven Caron

Jul 9, 2013, 8:16:32 PM7/9/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
maybe, but i assumed from the name of this file that it was using Qt 4.8.4...

Raffaele Fragapane

Jul 9, 2013, 9:01:05 PM7/9/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Just to be clear, 4.10 supports both, so yeah, it depends on what you're getting.
That looks like py2.7 too. You on 2014?

Steven Caron

Jul 9, 2013, 9:10:54 PM7/9/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
system installed python 2.7 and running softimage 2013 (non service pack)... i was able to work around it by installing the older version, but i figured i would get ahead of the pack and try and sort this out.

Raffaele Fragapane

Jul 9, 2013, 9:25:17 PM7/9/13
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
I would try 2014 and see how that goes OOTB, if it works you can look at the cpython dependency as the base issue IMO.