URI references data outside of the project:/storage/archive/YYY/arc001/XXX/SCANS/1/DICOM/scan_1_catalog.xml

Torkil Svensgaard

Feb 29, 2016, 8:40:33 AM2/29/16
to xnat_discussion, rub...@drcmr.dk
Hi

We just upgraded an older XNAT installation to 1.6.5 and are now facing this error when trying to archive from the prearchive. Any ideas where to look?

Thanks,

Torkil

Torkil Svensgaard

Feb 29, 2016, 9:44:46 AM2/29/16

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 2:40:33 PM UTC+1, Torkil Svensgaard wrote:
We just upgraded an older XNAT installation to 1.6.5 and are now facing this error when trying to archive from the prearchive. Any ideas where to look?

Archive paths in the database are fine, and permissions for the archive folder(s) also look fine (and are unchanged).

Any suggestions on where to look will be much appreciated, as this system is in production and we would very much like to avoid having to roll back.

Thanks,

Torkil

Herrick, Rick

Feb 29, 2016, 10:01:34 AM2/29/16
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com, rub...@drcmr.dk
Hi Torkil,

Have you changed the location of your prearchive or archive folders as part of the upgrade by any chance? Do you see any other messages that occur in the logs when you try this operation?

I think a good way to start diagnosing this would be to take one of the sessions in the prearchive, get a full listing of all of the files in the session, then zip up all of the non-DICOM files there, so something like:

find . -type f > sessionfiles.txt
zip -r session.zip $(find . ! -name *.dcm)

Let’s start with that and go from there.

--

Rick Herrick

Sr. Programmer/Analyst

Neuroinformatics Research Group

(314) 740-5961

Torkil Svensgaard

Mar 1, 2016, 9:25:36 AM3/1/16
to xnat_discussion, rub...@drcmr.dk
Hi

I think we solved it by changing the Apache proxy configuration, though we are not quite sure why it made a difference for archiving.

We haven't changed the location for neither archive nor prearchive and there was no other error in the logs but the one in the subject.

Thanks,

Torkil

Herrick, Rick

Mar 1, 2016, 9:33:18 AM3/1/16
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com, rub...@drcmr.dk

That is really strange. What did you do to the proxy configuration? The only thing I could think of in there is if it did some kind of translation of the application context path (i.e. everything after the server name), but then it seems like that would affect everything, not just one operation.

Torkil Svensgaard

Mar 1, 2016, 9:43:18 AM3/1/16
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com, rub...@drcmr.dk
We had a double proxypass configured initially, like apache(:80) -->
apache:80 on the xnat box -> tomcat:8009, which we changed to just
apache(:80) --> tomcat:8009.

Mvh.

Torkil

On 03/01/2016 03:33 PM, Herrick, Rick wrote:
> That is really strange. What did you do to the proxy configuration? The
> only thing I could think of in there is if it did some kind of
> translation of the application context path (i.e. everything after the
> server name), but then it seems like that would affect everything, not
> just one operation.

Herrick, Rick

Mar 2, 2016, 1:29:13 PM3/2/16
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Just as a note, I’ve switched from using Apache HTTPD to nginx on any of the configurations I set up. The latest full VM images we released and the Vagrant project we created for the 1.6.5 release all use nginx rather than Apache. The configuration is much much simpler, which can help avoid problems like the one you ran into here!

--
Rick Herrick
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Neuroinformatics Research Group