Using the XNATSlicer plugin

Ernandez Santos

Jun 14, 2018, 1:07:39 PM6/14/18
to xnat_discussion
Dear

I really want to use the XNATSlicer plugin, although I can not perform the integration through 3D Slicer 4.8.1, it complains the error below.
I believe I stopped making some steps on the server or on my local machine, do I need to install some library on the server?

Hugs

Ernanez

Python 2.7.13 (default, Dec 20 2017, 00:45:45) [MSC v.1800 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Users/HU/AppData/Roaming/NA-MIC/Extensions-26813/XNATSlicer/lib/Slicer-4.8/qt-scripted-modules/XnatSlicer.py", line 925, in onLoginButtonClicked
    self.beginXnat()
  File "C:/Users/HU/AppData/Roaming/NA-MIC/Extensions-26813/XNATSlicer/lib/Slicer-4.8/qt-scripted-modules/XnatSlicer.py", line 577, in beginXnat
    self.View.begin()
  File "C:\Users\HU\AppData\Roaming\NA-MIC\Extensions-26813\XNATSlicer\lib\Slicer-4.8\qt-scripted-modules\XnatSlicerLib\ui\View.py", line 111, in begin
    "'HOST_NAME' (HOST_URL):\n%s" %(str(e)))
  File "C:\Users\HU\AppData\Roaming\NA-MIC\Extensions-26813\XNATSlicer\lib\Slicer-4.8\qt-scripted-modules\XnatSlicerLib\ui\View.py", line 150, in showError
    msg.replace('HOST_NAME', hostName).\
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe3 in position 68: ordinal not in range(128)

Andrey Fedorov

Jun 21, 2018, 10:25:53 PM6/21/18
to xnat_discussion
Can someone respond here on whether XNAT plugin in Slicer is still supported?

Herrick, Rick

Jun 25, 2018, 11:53:42 AM6/25/18
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andrey,

The XNAT team doesn’t currently have anyone assigned for development on the XNATSlicer plugin. We intend to continue supporting the extension, but when we may have an update depends heavily on when we can find someone to actually do the update!

--

Rick Herrick

Sr. Programmer/Analyst

Neuroinformatics Research Group

Phone: +1 (314) 273-1645

Andrey Fedorov

Aug 24, 2018, 2:01:10 PM8/24/18
to xnat_discussion
Fyi, recently there was another user of Slicer that asked about the status of of the XNATSlicer plugin, see https://discourse.slicer.org/t/xnat-with-slicer/3871/3

João Sousa

Aug 12, 2019, 10:55:18 AM8/12/19
to xnat_discussion
Hi everyone,

I'm also recently interested in this XNATSlicer plugin. Did the support resume in the meantime? I ask this because the version available in the extensions manager is from the 16th January 2019.

I was successfull installing it, but when I start this is the error I get in the python console:

Python 2.7.13 (default, Jan 15 2019, 22:36:20) [MSC v.1900 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:/Users/TOSHIBA/AppData/Roaming/NA-MIC/Extensions-27931/XNATSlicer/lib/Slicer-4.10/qt-scripted-modules/XnatSlicer.py", line 167, in __init__

self.__initComponents()

File "C:/Users/TOSHIBA/AppData/Roaming/NA-MIC/Extensions-27931/XNATSlicer/lib/Slicer-4.10/qt-scripted-modules/XnatSlicer.py", line 273, in __initComponents

self.__initView()

File "C:/Users/TOSHIBA/AppData/Roaming/NA-MIC/Extensions-27931/XNATSlicer/lib/Slicer-4.10/qt-scripted-modules/XnatSlicer.py", line 286, in __initView

self.View = View_Tree(self, self.Settings['VIEW'])

File "C:\Users\TOSHIBA\AppData\Roaming\NA-MIC\Extensions-27931\XNATSlicer\lib\Slicer-4.10\qt-scripted-modules\XnatSlicerLib\ui\View.py", line 53, in __init__

self.setup()

File "C:\Users\TOSHIBA\AppData\Roaming\NA-MIC\Extensions-27931\XNATSlicer\lib\Slicer-4.10\qt-scripted-modules\XnatSlicerLib\ui\View_Tree.py", line 65, in setup

self.initColumns()

File "C:\Users\TOSHIBA\AppData\Roaming\NA-MIC\Extensions-27931\XNATSlicer\lib\Slicer-4.10\qt-scripted-modules\XnatSlicerLib\ui\View_Tree.py", line 295, in initColumns

header.setClickable(True)

AttributeError: QHeaderView has no attribute named 'setClickable'

Brett Marinelli

Jun 1, 2020, 2:10:32 PM6/1/20
to xnat_discussion
Hi All,

I'm also very interested in using the XNATSlicer plug-in. Any updates?

My intent was to show my institution the value of XNATs in how it can connect with a powerful annotation like Slicer in a de-centralized fashion. Ideally would like to make a case for investment in the proprietary XNATs if such functionality will be possible.

Look forward to hearing about updates.

-Brett

Daniel Marcus

Jun 2, 2020, 10:02:45 AM6/2/20
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brett -- it's been a while since I've looked into the slicer plugin.  We've been focused mostly on the OHIF-based viewer/annotation.  But it seems like it should work and would certainly be useful to the community.  Have you tried it out to see if it's able to connect to your local XNAT?

Brett Marinelli

Jun 2, 2020, 6:34:40 PM6/2/20
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

I saw your talk at Sinai a few weeks back. It was terrific!

The current SlicerXNATs plugin that is offered from within Slicer doesn't seem to work. I get the same error provided in the previous post by João Sousa and sounds like maybe it is no longer being maintained.

While OHIF is a great tool, I've been following closely the collaboration of Slicer developers with NVIDIA to leverage AI Assisted Annotation tools using the Clara framework. Do you know if there is a similar effort with XNATS and/or OHIF to incorporate the Clara toolkit and provide AI Assisted Annotation?

Best,

Brett

Simon Doran

Jun 2, 2020, 8:07:06 PM6/2/20
to xnat_discussion
Hi Brett,

  Yes, the team at the Institute of Cancer Research has a version of the OHIF/XNAT plugin (currently not quite finished enough for beta testing) where  we have the NVIDIA AI assisted annotation incorporated. We're working hard to get this finished and released as soon as we can.

  Best wishes,

Simon

Maria de la Iglesia Vayá

Jun 2, 2020, 8:12:50 PM6/2/20
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Simon

Brett Marinelli

Jun 3, 2020, 10:25:03 AM6/3/20
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
That's great news re integration of NVIDIA AI-Assisted Annotation with OHIF/XNATs. Look forward to seeing it in action!

The XNATs we currently have is 1.6.4. While I understand the latest OHIF release takes advantage of XNATs 1.7.4, do you know how one might install an older OHIF plugin just as an example to others here?

Thanks!

Brett

Daniel Marcus

Jun 3, 2020, 10:25:23 AM6/3/20
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Brett!  As Simon, indicated, the CLARA AI-assisted annotation will be in the viewer soon. Here's a sneak preview thanks to Simon, Mo, and the ICR team.

You may also consider looking at MITK, which already has clara annotation embedded and a working XNAT plugin.

-Dan

Herrick, Rick

Jun 3, 2020, 4:32:37 PM6/3/20
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com

XNAT doesn’t support plugins in versions prior to 1.7. Given that there’s quite a bit of server-side functionality in the OHIF plugin, not to mention the integration hooks that that functionality uses, it wouldn’t be possible to directly backport the OHIF viewer to work with 1.6.x.

From: "xnat_di...@googlegroups.com" <xnat_di...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Brett Marinelli <brett.m...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 9:25 AM
To: "xnat_di...@googlegroups.com" <xnat_di...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [XNAT Discussion] Re: Using the XNATSlicer plugin

* External Email - Caution *

Brett Marinelli

Jun 4, 2020, 8:20:57 AM6/4/20
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update, Dan!

Sounds like we're upgrading to 1.7. Excited to try out AIAA with OHIF/XNATs when it's up and running.

Samridhi Davesar

Oct 8, 2020, 7:35:25 PM10/8/20
to xnat_discussion
Can anyone tell me how to configure AIAA with XNAT. I'm new to this and currently using XNAT ML beta version.
Please share if you have any idea on the same.

Thanks,
Sam