Suggestion to run 32 and 64 bit apps at the same time using xerial jdbc sqlite package

ansorre

Nov 8, 2010, 11:00:58 AM11/8/10
to Xerial
First, thank you very much for providing this package, I'm greatly
enjoying it.
So I'm writing just to make a suggestion.
I noted that under a 64 bit windows you write in
C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Local\Temp
the native dll file to access sqlite files
I also noted that when I'm running with a 64 bit jre you write a 64
bit dll while you write a 32 bit dll when I run with a 32 bit jre.
I'm referring here to your package sqlite-jdbc-3.7.2.jar
I also noted that despite of the 32 or 64 bit dll version you write,
you always use the same name: sqlite-3.7.2-sqlitejdbc.dll
This prevents to have two java applications using your package at the
same time and both enjoying the native dll usage when (and only when)
one of them is run with a 32 bit jre and the other with a 64 bit jre.
In fact in this scenario the second application that is started will
always use the java fallback driver because on line 131 of the file
org.sqlite.SQLiteJDBCLoader.java
of course the md5 checksum cannot be satisfied.
So my suggestion is very, very easy: just name the dll with different
names when you write the 32 or 64 bit version. This would totally
solve the problem.
Thank you very much for your attention.
Antonio

Taro L. Saito

Nov 8, 2010, 11:11:03 AM11/8/10
to xer...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the suggestion.
I created a ticket for that improvement.

I will release the new version 3.7.3 with this fix.

> --

Taro L. Saito
<l...@xerial.org>
University of Tokyo