High resolution rendering on Mac

David Annis

Jan 19, 2017, 7:42:57 PM1/19/17
to xaos-users
I am trying to follow the directions in another thread for getting a higher resolution image saved. I am on a Mac running El Capitan.

I change to the directory containing Xaos and issue the command
[MacBook-Pro-3:XaoS.app/Contents/MacOS] davidannis% pwd
/Applications/XaoS.app/Contents/MacOS
[MacBook-Pro-3:XaoS.app/Contents/MacOS] davidannis% ./XaoS -render beatuty.xpf -size 18000X12000

This results in the app opening and loading the default fractal. If I save I get a version of that fractal at 1761 × 1107

Also, load random example is not workign for me and matek.hu has been down for a few days. Is there someplace I can get sample files?

Thanks,
David

David Annis

Jan 19, 2017, 7:45:30 PM1/19/17
to xaos-users
I found the example files. Not sure why they won't load from the file menu.