Built-in Kaleidoscope option?

Kathy R

May 23, 2018, 11:38:55 AM5/23/18
to xaos-users
I was wondering if any of the versions of XaoS have an option/filter for making kaleidoscopes out of a fractal appearing on the screen.  I have version 3.4 and do not see such capability. I have seen some beautiful kaleidoscope images made using XaoS but I don't know how the artist makes them.  It would be a wonderful feature.

thanks,
Kathy

Zoltán Kovács

Jan 2, 2020, 4:29:55 PM1/2/20
to xaos-users
I was wondering if any of the versions of XaoS have an option/filter for making kaleidoscopes out of a fractal appearing on the screen.  I have version 3.4 and do not see such capability. I have seen some beautiful kaleidoscope images made using XaoS but I don't know how the artist makes them.  It would be a wonderful feature.

thanks,
Kathy

Hi Kathy, sorry for the delay. Please, can you provide some photos that describe your idea a bit better?
Thanks, Zoltan

Kathy R

Jan 4, 2020, 11:39:29 AM1/4/20
to xaos-users
Hello Zoltan,
Here are some samples.  Thank you!

XaoS Kaleido.jpg

XaoS Kaleido2.jpg

XaoS Kaleido3.jpg

XaoS Kaleido4.jpg

Niles Spindrift

Jan 4, 2020, 1:17:01 PM1/4/20
to xaos-users
Hi Kathy, there's stuff online - you could try this, the first one I found http://funny.pho.to/kaleidoscope-photo-effect/#

Kaleid.PNG

here's one of mine put through it.
I've done quite a bit of VisBasic coding for processing images and generating animations; if you're of a coding inclination, it's very rewarding and the limits are set by your imagination but be prepared to invest a LOT of time!!
All best
Geoff
Message has been deleted

Niles Spindrift

Jan 4, 2020, 1:23:00 PM1/4/20
to xaos-users
BTW this was the original, which shows some of the interesting areas a little tweaking of user formula can take XaoS into

ControllerFlowers.png

Kathy R

Jan 5, 2020, 9:44:26 PM1/5/20
to xaos-users
Hello Niles,
I appreciate your input.  I realize there are many online photo editors that create this kind of effect but this would mean rendering the image in XaoS then uploading it into another program.  I was thinking it would be much easier to have it installed within XaoS as a filter option.

thanks.