how do I tell the parser that I am parsing an 837 file

Susan

Oct 11, 2012, 9:23:13 AM10/11/12
to x12-p...@googlegroups.com
I have been parsing 835.  I formatted the 835 xml with the fields that I required and I'm assuming that I can create an 837 file as well - where do i put it and how do i tell the parser that i am looking at 837 now?

Thank you,
Susan

Com1 Software

Oct 11, 2012, 3:52:40 PM10/11/12
to x12-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi Susan,

In the menu function of the parser there is a Create Mapping File option that can be a time saver.

In the 837 you will have an 837i.xml 837p.xml or 837d.xml for Institutional, professional and dental.

The parser uses the first claim in the file to determine if it is institutional, professional or dental by seeing if there
is an SV1, SV2, or SV3 segment. Once it knows the type of file it uses the appropriate map automatically.

As far as where to keep your maps, the best place is in the same location as the exe. As an example c:\c1d0f252.

It is important not to use folders that have spaces in the names like c:\program files since the space is viewed as
a parameter and can really mess things up.

Also if you have to use a variety of maps you can specify a specific map of any name using the map= option.

Thanks
Dave