X12 Database parser via Command line

Jeff Rush

Jul 13, 2012, 11:13:55 AM7/13/12
to x12-p...@googlegroups.com
Hello all.

I'm having issues trying to invoke the X12 Database Parser via command line.

The product I have is C1D0m478. (currently demo, trying to validate proof of concept so we can register it).

the example command-line is:

c:\c1d0f252\c1d0f252.exe ODBC,sourcefile.837,sqltestdsn:mytable

As you can see the .exe is different but I would assume that will be resolved when we register and get the latest version?
My question is with the arguments:
ODBC -- Makes sense
sourcefile.837 -- We are using .txt files, but makes sense
,sqltestdsn:mytable -- Here is where my questions come into play.

According to our C1DBMAP.CFG:
we are using three combinations.

DSN=testsql
TABLE=Subscriber
DSN=testsql
TABLE=Claims
DSN=testsql
TABLE=ClaimService

When processing the file via the GUI, I merely specify the file, begin, and it processes to all three.

Via the command line am I supposed to run the same file three times to account for each table destination?

C:\C1D0m478\

C1D0m478

.exe ODBC,"C:\BI Projects\Watch\ssi\5010for2011\02.23.12.txt",testsql:Subscriber

C:\C1D0m478\

C1D0m478

.exe ODBC,"C:\Test Docs\Test.txt",testsql:Claims

C:\C1D0m478\

C1D0m478

.exe ODBC,"C:\Test Docs\Test.txt",testsql:ClaimService

Also, when doing any of these, It merely launches the GUI, provides me with the demonstration use only warning which goeas away after about 5-10 seconds, and then does nothing, just sits there with the UI.

I need to confirm this will work on an automated basis.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Jeff

Com1 Software

Jul 16, 2012, 2:13:14 PM7/16/12
to x12-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

It looks like we need to update the documentation on the Database Parser.
We will be doing this in the next release.

In looking at some of the problems you were encountering I was able to reproduce some of the problems here.

The proper syntax should be in a batch /scrip process shoud be

cd\c1d0m478

C1D0m478

.exe ODBC  \indir

This will process all the file in the \indir folder.
Currently this is all you need.

We did find a problem in that the characters ODBC need to be in upper case to work. Lower case gives the problem.

The database parser will process files based on what is in the mapping file. All fields in the mapping file
are based on the fields that are available in our 252 parser.

One other thing to be careful of is using spaces in folder names. Since we use the space as a parameter this can be a problem.

Since the Database Parser uses its map to specify destinations, this parameter has become obsolete
In the next release, hopefully sometime this week, we will have some improvements so that you can specify
the map file in a command line mode.

In addition we will add attending provider data as well.

Thanks
Dave