Unable to parse 837I Service Line Procedure Codes beyond SV1

wdli...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2017, 12:58:08 PM10/23/17
to X12 Parser
I am trying to extract the product/service id from the 837I service lines. I am able to get the code from LX*1, but none of the other service lines. I created a UDF in c1.ini:
UDF=LNPROCCODE01
LOOP=2400
SEGMENT=SV2
RETURN=2
but repeated instances e.g. LNPROCCODE02
UDF=LNPROCCODE02
LOOP=2400
SEGMENT=SV2
RETURN=2

UDF=LNPROCCODE03
LOOP=2400
SEGMENT=SV2
RETURN=2
show only the LX*1 value, and not the LX*2,... values.
LNPROCCODE02: 110
LNPROCCODE03: 110

I am able to get some of the service line data using IAMTxx, IUNITSxx, ... However IPROCxx are blank. The csv file is attached.

Here is some of the original 837I file showing the Service Line data:
51: LX*1
52: SV2*0110**2673.63*DA*3
53: REF*6R*XXXX0000000000-0
54: LX*2
55: SV2*0250**2741.25*UN*251
56: REF*6R*XXXX0000000000-0
57: LX*3
58: SV2*0271**30.34*UN*1
59: REF*6R*XXXX0000000000-0
60: LX*4
61: SV2*0278**16976.4*UN*6
62: REF*6R*XXXX0000000000-0
63: LX*5
64: SV2*0300**56.2*UN*5
65: REF*6R*XXXX0000000000-0
66: LX*6
67: SV2*0301**529.23*UN*3
68: REF*6R*XXXX0000000000-0
69: LX*7
70: SV2*0302**182.02*UN*4
71: REF*6R*XXXX0000000000-0
72: LX*8
73: SV2*0305**705.64*UN*4
74: REF*6R*XXXX0000000000-0

837I_1023.CSV

Com1 Software

Oct 28, 2017, 12:30:27 PM10/28/17
to X12 Parser
Regarding: "I am trying to extract the product/service id from the 837I service lines. I am able to get the code from LX*1, but none of the other service lines."

Since the UDF is limited in its filtering to Segment, Qualifier and Loop Value, the UDF will only pick up the first service line.

Regarding: "I am able to get some of the service line data using IAMTxx, IUNITSxx, ... However IPROCxx are blank."

The value in the PROC position is a subvalue of the element and will display several subelements if using a UDF.

Instead of using the UDF for service line data, we recommend using the standard fields available for 837i service lines in the c1837i.xml map:

<FIELD>IREVCODE1</FIELD>
<FIELD>IPROCTYPE1</FIELD>
<FIELD>IPROC1</FIELD>
<FIELD>IMODA1</FIELD>