HtmlWindow.OnOpeningURL > REDIRECT

Torsten

Oct 31, 2018, 8:24:12 AM10/31/18
to wxPython-users
Hello everyone,

in wxPython 3 we used the following code to redirect image links:

def OnOpeningURL(self, htmlUrlType, url):
    if (
        htmlUrlType == HTML_URL_IMAGE and
        (self.basePath is not None) and
        not url.startswith(self.basePath)
    ):
        return self.basePath + "/" + url
    else:
        return HTML_OPEN

wxPython 4 now raises

TypeError: invalid result from HtmlWindow.OnOpeningURL(), a member of enum 'HtmlOpeningStatus' is expected not 'unicode'

From reading the docs OnOpeningURL has a fourth parameter redirect which is a Pointer to String variable that must be filled with an URL. How do i use this? I tried
        redirect = self.basePath + "/" + url
        return HTML_REDIRECT
    else:
        return HTML_OPEN
but with no success.

How is the correct way of handling the redirect in wxPython 4?

--
TIA,
Torsten

Robin Dunn

Oct 31, 2018, 2:31:47 PM10/31/18
to wxPython-users
It looks like the custom implementation for that method wasn't ported from Classic. I'll look into it this evening and implement something for the next release. (Coming soon, I hope.)

Torsten

Feb 9, 2019, 5:14:55 AM2/9/19
to wxPython-users
Hello Robin,