wxPython wheel for Python 3.7 / Fedora 28

Alexander Heger

Jul 14, 2018, 4:11:19 PM7/14/18
to wxPython-users
Would it be possible to create a Fedora 28 / Python 3.7 wheel for wxPython?
You made the 3.7 packages for Ubuntu already.

This is the only package left that fails to install for me using pip3 for Python 3.7.
(Unfortunately pip deletes the temp directory of compilation when the install fails, so hard to track down this way at least.)

-Alexander

=============

(...)
    Testing pyext configuration                                        : Could not build python extensions
    The configuration failed
    (complete log in /tmp/pip-install-hg4m_udi/wxPython/build/waf/3.7/gtk3/config.log)
    Command '"/home/alex/Python/bin/python3.7" /tmp/pip-install-hg4m_udi/wxPython/bin/waf-2.0.7 --wx_config=/tmp/pip-install-hg4m_udi/wxPython/build/wxbld/gtk3/wx-config --gtk3 --python="/home/alex/Python/bin/python3.7" --out=build/waf/3.7/gtk3 configure build ' failed with exit code 1.

Robin Dunn

Alexander Heger

Jul 17, 2018, 5:19:04 AM7/17/18
to wxPython-users
works. Thank!

As I note, to get this run I needed to configure python with --enable-shared.
(and re-install everything)
Is it possible to have a static version included?

-Alexander

Robin Dunn

Jul 17, 2018, 12:37:25 PM7/17/18
to wxPython-users
No. The waf build tool assumes that Python was build with --enable-shared (because the stock Python packages from at least every common distro builds it that way) and it will fail if the shared library is not available.

--
Robin