wx Printers under Ubuntu.

Steve Cookson

Feb 2, 2012, 8:26:59 AM2/2/12
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com

Hi People,

I'm sure I've asked this question here before and I can't find the answer.

I am using wxPerl with wx 2.8.11 and Kubuntu 10.4 with no physical printer attached.

I am trying to print to a PDF printer which is set up using cup-pdf and appears when I print, for instance, with the 'kate' text editor.

When I print from wxHTMLEasyPrinting or wxRichTextPrinting I can't see the pdf printer, only the Generic PostScript one.

I get a small default print dialog which pops up and give me a few options options, and I'm sure that before I had a much more extensive one with many more choices.

What am I doing wrong.

Regards

Steve

Blank Bkgrd.gif

Steve Cookson

Feb 2, 2012, 9:39:45 AM2/2/12
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com

> I am trying to print to a PDF printer which is set up using cup-pdf and appears when I print, for instance, with the 'kate' text editor.

Ah, I think I've just cracked it, I think I should recompile after the addition of "gnomeprintui", is that right?

I'm probably not in the position to do a recompile now, so I'll test it next time round.

Regards

Steve

Blank Bkgrd.gif

stevec...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2012, 5:28:02 AM2/3/12
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
> Ah, I think I've just cracked it, I think I should recompile after the
addition of "gnomeprintui", is that right?

So because no files have actually changed, if I do a 'make' nothing happens.
How do I force a 'make' of the right files (I guess the subset of RTC files
that print, HTMLEasy print and one or two others).

I don't want to recompile everything because it's just too painful.

Regards

Steve

Gadget/Steve

Feb 3, 2012, 6:41:48 AM2/3/12
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
make clean will recompile everything, otherwise just touch the files you
need to recompile then do a make.

Gadget/Steve