Regression/3.1.1/wxMAS? "Black transparent" displayed as solid black

Gunter Königsmann

May 31, 2018, 10:17:43 AM5/31/18
to wx-users
Dear all,

I have no MSW computer to compile on. But I got reports that my icons have a black background with 3.1.1 while they haven't on 3.1.0.

Not knowing where the problem lies my minimal example includes many icons from the tango project (and therefore is big) so I have put it here: https://www.peterpall.de/wxMaxima/0001-The-transparency-testcase.patch
But I hope this minimal sample allows to reproduce the problem => asking if anyone can confirm that this is true.

Also in the current git version of wxWidgets the toolbar sample causes an assert to fail on wxGtk => asking if anyone else sees that, too.

Kind regards,

   Gunter.

Vadim Zeitlin

May 31, 2018, 10:23:03 AM5/31/18
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 31 May 2018 07:17:43 -0700 (PDT) Gunter Königsmann wrote:

GK> I have no MSW computer to compile on. But I got reports that my icons have
GK> a black background with 3.1.1 while they haven't on 3.1.0.

There has been a vague report about something similar recently, which got
closed by the submitter himself because it was fixed by adding a proper
manifest file. I don't know why would this change since 3.1.0, but, as you
need a manifest anyhow, please check that you do use one -- and perhaps
this can solve your problem too.

GK> Also in the current git version of wxWidgets the toolbar sample causes an
GK> assert to fail on wxGtk => asking if anyone else sees that, too.

I don't see this with neither GTK+ 2 nor 3. Please tell us your GTK+
version and the backtrace from the assert dialog.

Thanks,
VZ

http://www.tt-solutions.com/

Gunter Königsmann

Jun 5, 2018, 1:22:07 PM6/5/18
to wx-users
Ok... ...My .rc file now contains the line

#include "wx/msw/wx.rc"

..and transparent backgrounds seem to have started working again. No idea why the problem didn't appear in 3.1.0, though...
...no idea what went wrong in my own manifest. But the one from wxWidgets works fine for me.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Gunter.