wxQT branch merged

Vadim Zeitlin

Aug 23, 2014, 9:57:43 PM8/23/14
to wx-dev
Hello,

I've merged wxQT branch, but after spending a lot of time trying to do it
in the best possible way, I still apparently didn't manage to do it
properly. I had to do the merge using git as svn was completely incapable
of dealing with it, giving me thousands of conflicts because of previous
merges of the trunk into the branch, but I hoped that git-svn would at
least fill in svn:mergeinfo property correctly with svn.pushmergeinfo set
to true in git config but for whatever reason this didn't happen :-(

I'll try again with the wxX11/Univ branch tomorrow, maybe I'll have more
success with it as this one was especially non-obvious for several reasons.

Anyhow, I'd like to invite people interested in wxQt to continue working
on it now that it's officially included in the trunk. Any patches, pull
requests &c are welcome and getting commit rights to wxQt files won't be a
problem neither.

In the immediate future, I think the single most useful thing that could
be done for wxQt would be to set up a buildbot for it. If anybody is
motivated enough to do it, please consider doing this to ensure that wxQt
build is not broken by the changes to the common code.

Thanks again to Mariano for his work on this!
VZ

sean d'epagnier

Aug 24, 2014, 3:14:48 AM8/24/14
to wx-...@googlegroups.com
I have made about 30 commits which are needed to get OpenCPN up and running on wxqt.  There are more to follow.  Currently they are merged with the soc2014 branch.

Should I try to merge these with mainline or the wxqt branch and make a pull request to get them included?

Sean

Vadim Zeitlin

Aug 24, 2014, 9:12:28 AM8/24/14
to wx-...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 24 Aug 2014 00:14:47 -0700 (PDT) sean d'epagnier wrote:

sde> I have made about 30 commits which are needed to get OpenCPN up and running
sde> on wxqt. There are more to follow. Currently they are merged with the
sde> soc2014 branch.
sde>
sde> Should I try to merge these with mainline or the wxqt branch and make a
sde> pull request to get them included?

Please rebase them on master from Github wxWidgets repository and make a
PR.

TIA,
VZ

Stefano Mtangoo

Aug 27, 2014, 5:07:00 AM8/27/14
to wx-...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 4:57:43 AM UTC+3, VZ wrote:
Hello,

 I've merged wxQT branch, but after spending a lot of time trying to do it
in the best possible way, I still apparently didn't manage to do it
properly. I had to do the merge using git as svn was completely incapable
of dealing with it, giving me thousands of conflicts because of previous
merges of the trunk into the branch, but I hoped that git-svn would at
least fill in svn:mergeinfo property correctly with svn.pushmergeinfo set
to true in git config but for whatever reason this didn't happen :-(

Congrats, you deserve a cup of coffee :)
Is the documentation ready?
I would like to test it in my spare time (I don't have anything serious, just to test)

Mariano Reingart

Aug 28, 2014, 8:26:43 PM8/28/14
to wx-dev
On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 6:07 AM, Stefano Mtangoo <mwinj...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sunday, August 24, 2014 4:57:43 AM UTC+3, VZ wrote:
Hello,

 I've merged wxQT branch, but after spending a lot of time trying to do it
in the best possible way, I still apparently didn't manage to do it
properly. I had to do the merge using git as svn was completely incapable
of dealing with it, giving me thousands of conflicts because of previous
merges of the trunk into the branch, but I hoped that git-svn would at
least fill in svn:mergeinfo property correctly with svn.pushmergeinfo set
to true in git config but for whatever reason this didn't happen :-(

Congrats, you deserve a cup of coffee :)
Is the documentation ready?

Yes, it is (at least the build steps):

Development notes are still in the wiki (I'll move them to the qt doc folder ASAP):

I would like to test it in my spare time (I don't have anything serious, just to test)

That would be great!

I have to finish some personal matters prior getting back to wxQt code (there are still some minor issues pending, see previous mails), but fell free to ask me anything related if you find any issue.
There are some changes from Sean too, see the PR #12 if you want to test those:

Note that I think the PR should be furhter splitted to easier check unit tests / samples are not broken, and some important commit discussed should be discussed here (specifically wxListCtrl) and other should be reviewed deeply.