Are there static binaries non-wrapped into rpm/deb/pkg available for download?

Vladimir Yartsev

Sep 15, 2014, 4:35:31 PM9/15/14
to wkhtmltop...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm going to create just another ruby gem which installs wkhtmltopdf binary to the target system. There are lots of such gems already, and mine will be different in the way where the binary is pulled from. Instead of having wkhtmltopdf binary bundled within the gem itself, I plan to pull it from the official wkhtmltopdf website (or sourceforge) during "build native extension" gem installation phase.

My problem is that all the precompiled binaries on http://wkhtmltopdf.org/downloads.html are wrapped within deb/rpm/pkg packages, while I'd like just the bare (or zipped) wkhtmltopdf statically-compiled binaries for i386 and amd64 (for Linux, MacOS and Windows). Are they hosted somewhere?

--
Thanks
Vladimir Yartsev

Jakob Truelsen

Sep 16, 2014, 1:38:52 AM9/16/14
to wkhtmltop...@googlegroups.com

Den files are just ar files. So you should be able to extract The binaries quite easily.

Ashish Kulkarni

Sep 19, 2014, 5:44:24 AM9/19/14
to wkhtmltop...@googlegroups.com
You'd have to make it intelligent enough to detect the target
distribution, as there are different binaries depending on the
distribution.

For RPM/DEB, you can use the command to extract the packages:
http://www.g-loaded.eu/2008/01/28/how-to-extract-rpm-or-deb-packages/

For PKG on OS X, you can use the following as a guideline:
http://stackoverflow.com/a/23950738

For the EXE on Windows, you can use 7za.exe or p7zip to extract the archive:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7za920.zip
https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/p7zip-full

Vladimir Yartsev

Mar 13, 2015, 5:25:23 PM3/13/15