Wind Powered Water Pumps

Alternative Energy For Africa

Feb 12, 2015, 5:42:46 AM2/12/15
to wind-emp...@googlegroups.com

Dear Sir or Madam,

Greetings from Uganda. I am looking for a supplier of reliable wind powered water pumps for an agriculture irrigation project. The wing powered water pumps will be used to pump water from a river 400 meters to a reservoir/tank. The 400 meters is not so steep but a gradual slope.

Kindly send me your proposal with a PI, e-catalog, price list, photos, and durability. I would be most grateful if you will send me info about other clients where you have supplied similar wind powered water pumps.

Lastly, we're looking at North America or european market standards, not fake of third grade products.

Yours,

Albert KUNIHIRA
Business Development Manager
Alternative Energy For Africa
P.O. Box 20029,
Kampala-Uganda (EA)
T: +256-753-200002/701-200002
Whatsapp/Vibre/SMS: +256-776-200002

WindEmpowerment

Feb 16, 2015, 10:34:05 AM2/16/15
to wind-emp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Albert Kunihira,

Thanks for your enquiry regarding Wind power pumps. Wind Empowerment is an association of member groups around the world building and installing a particular design of electricity producing small wind turbine. We do not at this point have certified products for sale however several of our member organisations have worked with wind pumps and may be able to help you.

Comet Me have designed and installed vertical access mechanical wind pumps which you can see videos of here:

Jorge from Minvayu is working with electric wind pumps in India:

Here is an Indian company making good mechanical wind pumps

Andreas may know of an Argentinian Wind Pump Manufacturer
Andres Zappa | INTI <aza...@inti.gob.ar>;

You could also consider using Solar pumps.  The maps below show the wind and solar resources in Uganda.  The top map (wind) shows there to be mostly low wind speeds throughout the country, whereas the bottom map showing the solar resource indicates an extremely high solar resource in most of the country.

For more wind and solar data see http://irena.masdar.ac.ae/.  The Wind Empowerment Market Assessment Working Group is developing a methodology for assessing the viability of wind power on a countrywide basis using resource data such as the maps below. Contact isabel.ru...@gmail.com for more info.

I hope that has been of help, and best of luck with your mission to irrigate in Uganda!

Aran Eales, Wind Empowerment